What is there to do in Boston

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

AT5760

Reaction score
The children's museum is great; we took our kids several times when we lived in New England. Bon Me across the street is great for a quick bite and the menu is relatively kid friendly. Flour is only a couple of blocks away and has fantastic baked goods.

If you end up wandering around Faneuil Hall, then the aquarium is close by. So is Boston Public Market, which is a cool food hall/retail space.

Our kids also really liked the Museum of Science - tons of interactive exhibits and a little more fun for the grown-ups than the children's museum.

The 8 year old might like the USS Constitution. You could catch a game at Fenway, though I couldn't imagine my kids (3, 6, 7) would sit through it very well.

MarcelNL

professional blame taker
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably, you could go whaling in the 'Zuiderzee' too :angel: ...big question is how high the chance of actually seeing whales is, we had success in Boston....and the best scallops I ever had, some great dim sum in Hei La Moon and great Vietnamese at Pho Pasteur

chefwp

Timing is everything when doing a raindance
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a bit of a hike (40 min drive?), but I would not go to Boston without visiting the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum.

Don't plan on going to the beach for a swim unless you can tolerate super cold water temps, sailing around Marble Head is sweet.

ian

Refined, yet toothy
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beaches aren't amazing, although if you're beach starved there are ways to make it work. Idk if I'm the right person to really recommend stuff... but you can go eat some oysters, perhaps visit the aquarium and museum of science. The children's museum is reasonably cool, but it's kind of a zoo... never had much fun there. Can also just wander around Boston Common and go get some food in Chinatown.

Alternatively, hit me up and if the timing works out, your kids can try out our trampoline while we eat some food around a fire or something. My son's 7.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest everyone put on their best beer muscles and walk around in south Boston bumping into other people and then yelling "Hey, you tawkin' to me?"

But then I saw one is only 3 years old. I think you need to be at least 4 to do that.

:laughingchef:

On a more serious note, the engineer in me would want to drive through the Big Dig and looks for signs of leaks, and for failing anchor bolts.

Reaction score
I was going to suggest everyone put on their best beer muscles and walk around in south Boston bumping into other people and then yelling "Hey, you tawkin' to me?"

But then I saw one is only 3 years old. I think you need to be at least 4 to do that.

:laughingchef:

On a more serious note, the engineer in me would want to drive through the Big Dig and looks for signs of leaks, and for failing anchor bolts.

Go to Aquarium station on the T. There's a small river that has run through the station since they finished the Big Dig.

BillHanna

Tangle my rec, baby. You know how I like it.
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score

She's kinda tough.

silylanjie

Reaction score
You could go to a Sox game at Fenway in August, it'll be a fun experience with the kids