What is there to do in Boston

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The children's museum is great; we took our kids several times when we lived in New England. Bon Me across the street is great for a quick bite and the menu is relatively kid friendly. Flour is only a couple of blocks away and has fantastic baked goods.

If you end up wandering around Faneuil Hall, then the aquarium is close by. So is Boston Public Market, which is a cool food hall/retail space.

Our kids also really liked the Museum of Science - tons of interactive exhibits and a little more fun for the grown-ups than the children's museum.

The 8 year old might like the USS Constitution. You could catch a game at Fenway, though I couldn't imagine my kids (3, 6, 7) would sit through it very well.

probably, you could go whaling in the 'Zuiderzee' too :angel: ...big question is how high the chance of actually seeing whales is, we had success in Boston....and the best scallops I ever had, some great dim sum in Hei La Moon and great Vietnamese at Pho Pasteur

It is a bit of a hike (40 min drive?), but I would not go to Boston without visiting the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum.
https://thetrustees.org/place/decordova/
Don't plan on going to the beach for a swim unless you can tolerate super cold water temps, sailing around Marble Head is sweet.

Beaches aren't amazing, although if you're beach starved there are ways to make it work. Idk if I'm the right person to really recommend stuff... but you can go eat some oysters, perhaps visit the aquarium and museum of science. The children's museum is reasonably cool, but it's kind of a zoo... never had much fun there. Can also just wander around Boston Common and go get some food in Chinatown.

Alternatively, hit me up and if the timing works out, your kids can try out our trampoline while we eat some food around a fire or something. My son's 7.

I was going to suggest everyone put on their best beer muscles and walk around in south Boston bumping into other people and then yelling "Hey, you tawkin' to me?"

But then I saw one is only 3 years old. I think you need to be at least 4 to do that.

:laughingchef:

On a more serious note, the engineer in me would want to drive through the Big Dig and looks for signs of leaks, and for failing anchor bolts.

I was going to suggest everyone put on their best beer muscles and walk around in south Boston bumping into other people and then yelling "Hey, you tawkin' to me?"

But then I saw one is only 3 years old. I think you need to be at least 4 to do that.

:laughingchef:

On a more serious note, the engineer in me would want to drive through the Big Dig and looks for signs of leaks, and for failing anchor bolts.

Go to Aquarium station on the T. There's a small river that has run through the station since they finished the Big Dig.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/02/22/why-is-bostons-aquarium-mbta-stop-always-so-wet/

She's kinda tough.

You could go to a Sox game at Fenway in August, it'll be a fun experience with the kids

Kelly’s Roast Beef at Revere Beach for roast beef sandwich and fried Ipswich whole belly clams!

Kelly’s Roast Beef at Revere Beach for roast beef sandwich and fried Ipswich whole belly clams!
35 years ago there was a hole in the wall on the strip in Cambridge that served great heaps of deep-fried whole clams on a bed of fries. So very good.

The white stuff for the molluscs, and the red stuff for the tubers. For like $5 (with soda!) that kept me going some nights.

Love that place! Bought Chang´s book "flour" and use it regularly.
Their egg sandwich is just so good. Had quite a few of those.
Chang´s and her husbands chinese restaurant is amazing too (Myers and Chang)

I love the "Gallows" bar. Their chili cocktail (brazen bull iirc) is so nice if you´re into spicy.

Area 4, one of the best pizza places I have been too unfortunately seems closed
but there are so many good restaurants in Boston!
Love that town!

Bumping this for a friend who’s going to be in town for the Marathon. Any interesting places to eat around East Boston/ Revere?

My old hood
Angela's is great for Pueblo Mexican
Tawakal Halal is an awesome middle Eastern place
Rincon Limeno for Peruvian
Taqueria Jalisco for Mexican Mexican
Santarpios for Pizza

Not sure whether I should be proud or sad that I recognize about half the placenames in this thread without ever having set foot in Boston... just from playing Fallout 4.

My old hood
Angela's is great for Pueblo Mexican
Tawakal Halal is an awesome middle Eastern place
Rincon Limeno for Peruvian
Taqueria Jalisco for Mexican Mexican
Santarpios for Pizza

Will do a road trip from Boston to Acadia this fall and I’m taking down notes. We are stopping by Portland because of the food scene and the light house. What the wife doesn't know is there will be a stop at Strata.

Back