What is there to do in Seattle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the child labor cutting board making demonstration.
Of for sure!
This one came out of the shop just tonight

Attachments

• D12B8FCB-8797-4C4A-9403-5866EF2190F1.jpeg
    D12B8FCB-8797-4C4A-9403-5866EF2190F1.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 4
Pike place market is fun along with the waterfront. We also have a large ferris wheel 🎡 there that everyone seems to enjoy. I also suggest taking them on a hike or two depending on where you’re staying and how much time you have. The Cascades and Olympic mountains are really nice and lots of fun easy places to go. Another really fun day trip that could include the Olympic mountains time permitting would be a ferry ride either out of Seattle or Edmonds just a few miles North. And of course the Seattle center and the Space Needle although that is definitely a tourist trap to some degree. Pm me if you have questions. I grew up here and might be able to help.

Last edited:
I'll be in Seattle next week and will likely have time for one good meal. Where should I eat? My preference is seafood.
I’m going to give you two classic seafood restaurants in Seattle that are highly rated and have stood the test of time. I grew up here and have eaten at both several times.

Duke’s is in downtown Seattle and has an old Seattle feel. No view but excellent all around.

Salty’s is on the waterfront in West Seattle and has a beautiful view of the city. It also has an old school feel to it. You take the west Seattle bridge and end up on the water looking across to downtown. It’s beautiful at night.

There are other newer seafood restaurants in Seattle that are highly rated but these two feel like what the city has always been.

I’m going to give you two classic seafood restaurants in Seattle that are highly rated and have stood the test of time. I grew up here and have eaten at both several times.

Duke’s is in downtown Seattle and has an old Seattle feel. No view but excellent all around.

Salty’s is on the waterfront in West Seattle and has a beautiful view of the city. It also has an old school feel to it. You take the west Seattle bridge and end up on the water looking across to downtown. It’s beautiful at night.

There are other newer seafood restaurants in Seattle that are highly rated but these two feel like what the city has always been.
I forgot to ask where you live?

Seattle is a great place for seafood. I put links in here to see if a rez will make your life easier. I second Salty's. the view is spectacular and the food is good too. Another restaurant in the same category is Palisade, which i haven't been in about 5 years but it's got an old school impressive interior (indoor salt water pond). Canlis is the definitive fancy pacific nw restaurant with an asian fusion flavor. If you're going on the company dime 1. Canlis 2. Salty's

If you're staying downtown and want to walk it, in the Pike Place Market area, Place Pigalle, Matt's in the Market and Jack's Fish spot (fish monger has a counter) for fish and chips (greasy, but guud) and steamed crab > Eater reference. On the waterfront near pike place is Elliotts, which is an old school establishment, a step down from Salty's, but with also a great view.

Renee Erickson (chef/restauranteur) has been doing some great stuff all over the city, this is about 10minutes from downtown in an area called Ballard > Walrus and Carpenter, an oyster bar.

So many great spots (also excluding Japanese restaurants), which typically are awesome seafood joints. I just wish Seattle wasn't so expensive to eat out. Maybe you can report back

Seattle is a great place for seafood. I put links in here to see if a rez will make your life easier. I second Salty's. the view is spectacular and the food is good too. Another restaurant in the same category is Palisade, which i haven't been in about 5 years but it's got an old school impressive interior (indoor salt water pond). Canlis is the definitive fancy pacific nw restaurant with an asian fusion flavor. If you're going on the company dime 1. Canlis 2. Salty's

If you're staying downtown and want to walk it, in the Pike Place Market area, Place Pigalle, Matt's in the Market and Jack's Fish spot (fish monger has a counter) for fish and chips (greasy, but guud) and steamed crab > Eater reference. On the waterfront near pike place is Elliotts, which is an old school establishment, a step down from Salty's, but with also a great view.

Renee Erickson (chef/restauranteur) has been doing some great stuff all over the city, this is about 10minutes from downtown in an area called Ballard > Walrus and Carpenter, an oyster bar.

So many great spots (also excluding Japanese restaurants), which typically are awesome seafood joints. I just wish Seattle wasn't so expensive to eat out. Maybe you can report back
I agree that Palisades is also very nice. My wife and I used to go there for our wedding anniversaries when we were younger. I also really like Canlis, although I wouldn’t consider it a seafood restaurant. Definitely two more good options for you.

Elliot's is good. The old Ivars on the dock is good, especially if you like feeding seagulls. And The Wild Ginger is still one my reasons to drive to Seattle.
I’ve always been a big fan of the Wild Ginger but the op asked for a seafood restaurant. I know they serve seafood but it’s definitely an Asian restaurant. Still really good though.

Noodle soup is kind of off my list every since the VA declared me a Agent Orange caused diabetic. It doesn't go well with my insulin shots.
My ex partner from my alarm company had the same diagnosis and ended up dying from a heart attack. Of course he drank constantly, was very overweight and didn’t take care of himself. Carbs are a bugger for diabetics. Thank you for your service...

Coastal kitchen is in a fun part of Capitol Hill, and has rotating regional menus/specials.
They also have a pretty reasonable happy hour if you’re in travel mode and can eat a little early, especially if your stomach is a time zone ahead of PST.
https://www.coastalkitchenseattle.com/menu
Thanks for pointing this place out. I’ve never heard of it but it looks like a good place to try.

Back