What just happened? Conversion to Xenforo. Questions here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TERRIFIC!

Ok so I’ve been struggling with the new format for awhile and I just figured out why. I use my iPad in the wide screen viewing position almost always and what I’ve been seeing is the 'new posts' crowding in on the right side of the sub forums thus cramping the space. I just rotated into portrait and the 'newest posts' went to the bottom which let sub forums expand across full screen.

Nice work, Admins - this is always a tricky thing to get right just at a technical level, never mind the user change management. This is a way better platform to be on. Good luck ironing out the kinks!

Lost my Founding Member status it seems.

The New format look pretty cool though.

Lars

Just a question, if you are a site supporter, can you get an "Ad free" forum. Now the screen gets clipped by the ads on the right.

Ok if anyone is having problems with the APP, try un-installing and re-installing. All last night, I was having problems logging on via app, I couldn't comment, lost status back to new mmber, sometimes wont take my pw.

So we have a like button now! Say goodbye to the good ol' +1

Nice work, mods! I noticed things were being migrated last night when I didn't have access to anything. I'm sure it was a tedius undertaking so thanks for all your hard work.

This layout kind of reminds me of what I was used to in the early 2000's. Kind of a flash back. Well, the good thing is that it works. I could not log in last night. :p

Just an update on the App front, loading time seems to be much longer (avg 3-5 secs response/lag time), used to be very snappy and fast. I see people are now able to upload pictures (or is that still supporting members only?), Won't allow me on the app, says file type not supported

Just an update on the App front, loading time seems to be much longer (avg 3-5 secs response/lag time), used to be very snappy and fast. I see people are now able to upload pictures (or is that still supporting members only?), Won't allow me on the app, says file type not supported

What is your file type and I'll check on the list of images file types allowed.

This layout kind of reminds me of what I was used to in the early 2000's. Kind of a flash back. Well, the good thing is that it works. I could not log in last night. :p

It took a little bit to get the user group permissions set just right. This is a little different than the way vB did the, so I had to tweak some.
Still some tweaking to do today. If you see an issue or have a question, please put it here as I'll be watching for such things.

Nice work, mods! I noticed things were being migrated last night when I didn't have access to anything. I'm sure it was a tedius undertaking so thanks for all your hard work.

You're welcome. Still fine tuning today. If you find an issue, will you please post here and a link to it, so I can zero in and get it fixed or explained? Thanks,

Was tapatalk disabled?

No, Tapatalk was not functioning well immediately after the change over, but it was updated around midnight. I have tested the branded app on android and ipad and it works.
Also, you may want to try a mobile browser and put in the forum address, to get this format on the mobile app. That's my mobile preference.

Lost my Founding Member status it seems.

The New format look pretty cool though.

Lars

Let me see what I can do about your Founding Member. It's there, just no banner. YET.

Boarding my flight shortly, I'll check in after getting settled back in at home.

It took a little bit to get the user group permissions set just right. This is a little different than the way vB did the, so I had to tweak some.
Still some tweaking to do today. If you see an issue or have a question, please put it here as I'll be watching for such things.

Yeah, I was reading about it once I got back in. Thanks for keeping us all updated and working hard. :) I doubt I will notice anything weird as this sort of stuff is not my thing but if I do I will be sure to mention it.

Thanks again!

Back