What just happened? Conversion to Xenforo. Questions here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tried it on my Android phone (Pixel with Google browser) and it looks much better, more usable without having to use the app.

Location will show if filled in on Personal Details.
Go to the person icon, in upper right corner.
Top Left is Personal Details.
Put in your location and it will show under your avatar block and under banners.
I have SouthEast under mine so you can see how it will be.

Wow you all have been tweaking this place proper!
A couple of things one is when typing text into the reply field.. there used to be a cancel button for that 'this is gibberish rips paper from typewriter crumples into bin' moment. The only option I see right now is select all and cut.
And I can’t figure out how to reply to somebody without the quotes showing up. I just tried here by selecting the -quote w/reply but your quote shows... :scratches head: :has no clue:

IMO likes reduce frivolous +1 type posts. Xenforo supports dislikes as well which are always problematic, but likes seem innocuous enough. Maybe a poll would help?

Unless you mean something different, there is already an option to like a post. It is the first thing I noticed after the switch. It is at the bottom right hand side of a post.

Morning everyone. Bkultra has been collecting things you want and making sure I get them seen to. He's a good team mate and looking out for all of you. daveb doing the same. These guys are really helping me get all the strings tied up. Still a few things on the back in to tweak. They were tweaked before change, but the changed knocked them out of alignment and I'm getting them put back.

There is no cancel on a post. Just delete content and go on. If you come back to that thread, the box will show if within 24 hours. If over 24 hours it fads into nothingness.

On the printing of conversations. I'll have to find where I've seen a way to do that = it's not built into XF. I have seen something on another forum.

And to delete a conversation, look at the top or side for LEAVE CONVERSATION that will allow you to leave it and mark a box for let you see it again if there is another reply, or block any further replies.

Wow you all have been tweaking this place proper!
A couple of things one is when typing text into the reply field.. there used to be a cancel button for that 'this is gibberish rips paper from typewriter crumples into bin' moment. The only option I see right now is select all and cut.
And I can’t figure out how to reply to somebody without the quotes showing up. I just tried here by selecting the -quote w/reply but your quote shows... :scratches head: :has no clue:

Just reply in the quick box below the thread. You can use @bkultra (for example) to get the person to receive an alert to your message in that thread.

Still some tweaks going on, but anything I'm missing? My list has been addressed

Still some tweaks going on, but anything I'm missing? My list has been addressed

If there is enough control in the template, it would help reduce excess vertical scrolling if these items under the avatar on the left can be tightened up in their vertical spacing:

With a short post, this pushes the window down with a lot of excess space under the user's text. Even just a few pixels removed between these items would help, and also killing the space beneath the last item.

If there is enough control in the template, it would help reduce excess vertical scrolling if these items under the avatar on the left can be tightened up in their vertical spacing:

With a short post, this pushes the window down with a lot of excess space under the user's text. Even just a few pixels removed between these items would help, and also killing the space beneath the last item.

I could see the scrolling being an issue on a mobile phone, but these items (location, post count, ECT) are removed when using a mobile browser.

You find it annoying when using a desktop browser?

I could see the scrolling being an issue on a mobile phone, but these items (location, post count, ECT) are removed when using a mobile browser.

You find it annoying when using a desktop browser?

It's more critical on a mobile layout. But even on a desktop browser, anything that requires more scrolling to see the content I'm actually interested in, is annoying, yes.
:)

FWIW and not that it matters, I used to be co-owner of a small web design company and was the lead graphics and page layout guy. I tend to be overly picky about things like wasted space, content vs. fluff, signal-to-noise ratio, etc. There are many improvements with this new format, but it does seem that the ratio of user posted text to surrounding noise in the browser window has gone down a bit, with the new layout.

Edit to add: It's mainly just the short posts without a sig, with all that blank space generated below the text.

I will pass this information onto @Angie, She can in turn pass it on to the designer. I can't promise anything other then the information will get into the correct hands. Thank you for the feedback, these are the things I'm looking for.

@bkultra I think the "Likes received" should be removed, it's way more toxic than likes on post could ever be. And the text bellow avatar is already crowded enough.

@bkultra I think the "Likes received" should be removed, it's way more toxic than likes on post could ever be. And the text bellow avatar is already crowded enough.

It appears that likes will be going away all together (based on the voting)... And with it the "Likes received"

If the vote changes and likes stay I will look into this

Let's see how much space is taken out when the LIKES issue is turned off. That should bring it upsome.

can we put to a vote to get rid of all the unnecessary spacing between posts and thread titles??

Though I haven't addressed this exact issue per say... I have pointed out the requests I have received from several members to reduce the spacing in order to limit the vertical scrolling.

Back