What just happened? Conversion to Xenforo. Questions here!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The unnecessary spacing between title and post?

upload_2018-6-29_22-3-0.png

That space is what is between the Title and the post. 4 different thread tools.

Or before this last post of yours, I understood it to be the space caused by the information before the avatar.

These are two separate things.

@panda, you said the above.
@Paraffin you are the one that said the spacing of the information below the avatar
@bkultra has mentioned having mentioned it and told me several members had requested it.
@ Angie has answered a question or two about it
@niwaki-boy, has quoted Paraffin about not noticing due to getting the ads off via the Opt out system.

That is the sum of all mentions of spacing since June 25th when doing a complete site search.

I'm going to go do a few things that should loose some of the information under the avatar and should tighten it up some from that aspect.

But, there are many that are posting and have not had any issues with spacing and I have to consider them also.

spacing between comens and the fact that rvery comment looks like a quote bothers me too. @Angie can add me to that list.

when scrolling through 'new posts' each thread title takes up an ungodly amount of space, and then there is a double space between each title. i think its because of the avatar, get rid of that totally not needed. also inside a thread the member info spot takes up soooo much space, reduce the size of that back to what it was.

Do you like this tightened up better?

spacing between comens and the fact that rvery comment looks like a quote bothers me too. @Angie can add me to that list.

I'm sorry, I cannot make out what you are saying. Spacing between comments? And you don't like the change of color from message to signature and information? Am I reading you correctly?

I agree that there is a ton of spacing between posts, and most of it is blank space.
I think the pic below shows what some people are talking about. (I choose these posts at random.)
The first post has a ton of blank space (darker grey) below the comment.
The second post just barely fills up the space--note that it's a longer post and also includes a quote. This is a big post to take up the minimum amount of space.
The old forum put more posts on the screen at once. Getting rid of as much of the blank space as possible below one's post would help tighten up the page and allow more posts to be viewed at once. (I'm talking non-mobile version.)
ejMnZmH.png

There were 30 posts on the old forum if I remember correctly and this is at 30 post on a page also.

@McMan, thanks for that cut and paste. I'm sending some information off. But, remember this is Friday night and start of a long weekend, 4th of July and such. So, you may not have a quick answer.

So just noticed that the font has a different value.. I like the bolder version.
And the height of the avatars is off by a millimeter.
I like the reply field the best.
upload_2018-6-29_23-25-26.png

@Angie

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-29_23-25-26.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-29_23-25-26.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 60
Really liking the new layout more and more.
Removal of the "Likes Received" is much appreciated as well.
Hope we lose the feature all together, but this is already a great improvement.
Very happy too see Angie being so engaged and proactive, so thanks for that.

Lars

I'm sorry, I cannot make out what you are saying. Spacing between comments? And you don't like the change of color from message to signature and information? Am I reading you correctly?

niwaki showed the spacing issue below.

The messages are encased in a bubble in different colour making it look like a quote and making the layout more complicated. Cleaner layout would make reading easier IMO. It’s like a crowded vs clean and tidy powerpoint presentation.

Top three KKF links work for me... Try clearing your cache and flush you DNS

Edit: I see your doing an image search, let me look into this and get back to you
Try clicking on the pic of the 2 knives at the top and then try visiting the website.

TOYAMA NOBORIKOI KASUMI GYUTO 210MM pics

I did a site: kitchenknifeforums.com Toyama norborikoi kasumi gyuto

But did not put pic on the end of it.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/toyama-noborikoi-kasumi-gyuto-210mm.31433/

That is the first thread that came up. The first photos that are not showing are photobucket, and that is not a KKF issue.
If you get a Chrome Photobucket Embedded Image Fix you will probably be able to see those photobucket images that went dead when Photobucket changed their way of doing business earlier this year.

Likes should not be working any longer. If anyone can still see that, please let me know so I can check.

I did a site: kitchenknifeforums.com Toyama norborikoi kasumi gyuto

But did not put pic on the end of it.
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/toyama-noborikoi-kasumi-gyuto-210mm.31433/

That is the first thread that came up. The first photos that are not showing are photobucket, and that is not a KKF issue.
If you get a Chrome Photobucket Embedded Image Fix you will probably be able to see those photobucket images that went dead when Photobucket changed their way of doing business earlier this year.
Thank you, I can see the photobucket pics but the problem remains.
Please try this, go to post #197 and click the link I provided, then touch the post of the 2 knives ( Toyama and Watanabe) then click "visit", it doesn't take you to the post but to the KKF main page. When I do similar searches it takes me to the post in KKF.
Thanks, just trying to help things work smoothly.

If you do a site:kitchenknifeforums.com search and click on most links it works fine, however, if you click on anything that is archived it goes to the KKF home page. Not really a big deal as you can find the non archived version of the same thread while looking but for whatever reason it takes some more digging.

@K813zra thanks for that information. Appreciate verification that regular threads, do show up when using the google site search.

Back