What shipping option do you usually use for selling your knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thpp9

Reaction score
Hello,

To begin with, sorry if this kind of post isn't permitted here.

I was thinking of selling some of my knives in the future. I was looking around to find what would cost to ship one of my knives.

DHL and UPS pricing seemed pretty ridiculous. UPS asked around 85€ to ship the package inside EU ( EU resident here). Post office prices were more normal, around 25€.

So I am wondering, what would you usually use for shipping your knives/ expect the seller to use?

In the states it's seldom more than 20usd for priority shipping and insurance. To ship international, even to the great white north, bumps it up to 30ish.

Well, 20-30€ is acceptable. The price that UPS asked me is just insane.

All in all, what comes down to is if priority post office shipments are welcomed by the community, or do people get put off/avoid those situations and opt for couriers like ups and DHL?

I've seen in BST section that USPS is commonly used in CONUS, but I have no idea what the European sellers ship with.

International, DHL gets a lot of votes.

Within the U.S., USPS, FedEx and UPS can all be good or suck. Depends on the geographic region, astrological alignment and time of day.

International, DHL gets a lot of votes.

Within the U.S., USPS, FedEx and UPS can all be good or suck. Depends on the geographic region, astrological alignment and time of day.
Good thing to know that shipping sucks worldwide, not only where I live lol

I prefer USPS for shipping from my location to anywhere in the US. I must live near a hub or something because it's significantly faster than anything else. UPS sucks

I just shipped from US to Australia. Had to move up to the higher priority level because Australia wasn't accepting normal first class shipments. @M1k3 is correct on his pricing - cost $90. They said 5 business days on Jan 18th. Still not there, but looks like it's getting close. I think without COVID it would have been closer to $40-$50 US (and maybe throw in the arm/leg as well to ensure smooth delivery).

out of curiosity, has anyone shipped anything to China recently? I heard they have some insane international parcel quarantine procedure going on there.

Back