What/who is Child's Day?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hear this name pop up time to time on Japanese auctions? Is it a brand name, a smith name, a store, a factory, a poor translation?
Thanks

Children’s Day is a holiday in Japan that takes place on May 5th, if that helps…

20 years ago when I went to Japan I stayed at a friend's house. Her parents shop below was where theymade and sold the dolls that people display on Children's Day. The picture is me dressed as a Samurai next to one of the dolls. Some of the display dolls were worth thousands of dollars

Children's Day (Japan) - Wikipedia
Screenshot_20211003_092125.jpg

I've no idea. I know some other brands "mistranslate" using Google translate, such as aritsugu. Such as "luxury product" when the meaning high-grade makes more sense in English. A lot of synonyms that mean something just different enough

子の日
子 ne = child / seed
の no = of
日 hi = day

Last edited:
I've no idea. I know some other brands "mistranslate" using Google translate, such as aritsugu. Such as "luxury product" when the meaning high-grade makes more sense in English. A lot of synonyms that mean something just different enough

子の日
子 ne = child / seed
の no = of
日 hi = day
/Thread

Thanks!

子の日
子 ne = child / seed
の no = of
日 hi = day

Children's Day in May is called "Kodomo no Hi" (こどもの日) or (子供の日).
It has nothing to do at all with "Ne no Hi" (子の日) which has to do with the year of the mouse(rat) in the Oriental zodiac.

Back