what would your dream knife be like?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A laser is clearly too obvious an answer for me. Shigawire? Nothing like a monomolecular filament to wreck my cutting boards. And counters. And digits.

Gyuto 285x60 san mai, 1.2562 core, wrought iron clad, Roman KK knives HT, Matus grind, my Ikeda 270 gyuto honyaki profile, yeah later this year.

Think Id go for a kip 210 integral bolster western handled in stainless steel.

for now that would be it :)

although limiting to one is cruel

Last edited:
Adamantium core steel clad in vibranium forged by Thor with Mjölnir. Ent tree handle with unicorn horn ferrule. Shigefusa kasumi profile and grind.

Since you said anything I can imagine.

if you could have anything you could imagine simply get made for you. what would it be?

personally i would probably go for a single bevel santoku. quite beefy. 180x60 or so.
edge steel: some hss powder. clad in stainless hardened damascus. since i dont like scatches.
handle would be some really really nice turkish walnut for the "bolster", then maybe some nice carbon as a spacer,
then either the most goddamn awesome piece of masur on the entire planet 👌. or some ultra contrasty betlehem olive.

😂✊💦💦

so what would you guys like?

👏👏👏
Wouldn't that be a deba

Pure californium blade, don't care about the grind and profile, weight 262g. Then flip it for $7billion

Don't forget, Californium is twice as dense as steel, so you could have a 500g gyuto, and double the cash.

Of course, you'll die just being near it. And of course, depending on the isotope, halflife can be really short. Better sell fast.

Pure californium blade, don't care about the grind and profile, weight 262g. Then flip it for $7billion
I looked on Wikipedia to try to understand this knife, and saw a photo of the
Fifty-ton shipping cask built at Oak Ridge National Laboratory which can transport up to 1 gram of Cf

GLWS :)

I fancy a single bevel flat profile, 160-180mm or so, shaped like a large #11 scalpel blade, in a hard material staying sharp as heck for looong. I have no experience with TF but it would probably need his HT (or something similar), blade should be real thin and yet stiff.

I have no clue if it would work, it may end up being used to just cut for the fun of feeling it sink through things and doing microsurgery on greens with the tip.

I fancy a single bevel flat profile, 160-180mm or so, shaped like a large #11 scalpel blade, in a hard material staying sharp as heck for looong. I have no experience with TF but it would probably need his HT (or something similar), blade should be real thin and yet stiff.
It's the X-acto Honesuki! :D

Wait, you mentioned TF.

It's the In-x-acto Honesuki! :D

haha, nono it would have to be an X acto version...thread says I can have whatever I want, so I want a perfect TF heat treatment but grinding and fit and finish done right, I'm not fussy, no special dammy or anything

while these are good suggestions guys. in this thread you can have ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you want. dont hold back now.

Don't care about the HT, handle, blablabla whatever, just give me 1000kg of gold shaped like a knife.
Masamoto 240 White#2 Honyaki Gyuto. That's it.

Wow congratulations, does that mean you'll be letting go of your Heiji? ;) 😝

Last edited:
250x52mm gyuto, Heldqvist-style profile with a gently curved nearly-flat edge, pointy and triangular. Nice distal taper but not too extreme, medium weight convex grind that's just thin enough to not split potatoes. Solid Heiji semi-stainless monosteel with an integral bolster and a plain oval handle made of stabilized redwood burl, no pins. Price of $200 😛

250×58mm San Mai WH from Marco Guldimann made from Guldimann steel and a super nice applewood handle

...what a simple dream...

Last edited:
Back