Whats cookin for fathers day?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking ribs Jim! I am finishing up the rest of the mussels I picked up yesterday.

Jim those ribs look great!

I'm doing some beef short ribs for my dad right now. I had them in the smoker for 2 hours now they're in a pan braising in a mixture of stout and a few other ingredients. I never braise in BBQ, but I thought I'd try something different this time. After about an hour of braising I'll pull them from the pan and put them back in the smoker.

I think that is a fabulous idea. You have all of the necessary components of a killer dish. Best of luck with it!
Post pictures!

Yeah Jim let's see that cooker of yours. :bbqsmoker:

I will dig up some pics.

Stumps-

3622372082_ab6aab4db4_z.jpg

3621553601_bda4d276b8.jpg

3622370900_81b499385e.jpg

4421016297_30347cc6a1_o.jpg

displayimage.php

ProQ 20 with a MHP gasser behind it-

displayimage.php

Rescued gasser-

displayimage.php

My beloved kettle-

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Last edited:
Jim what's the plastic jug for.

Yea what is that plastic bottle for? Also is the stump smoker the "baby" model?

Yep its a Baby Stumps, the jug rain proofs the blower.

No Meth:eek:hmy:

I will dig up some pics.

My beloved kettle-

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Love your Weber. Was that the first generation Performer? I have the one with the gas ignition. Yours is in excellent condition! I love my Performer and wish they still made it the same way instead of going to the plastic top.

Love your Weber. Was that the first generation Performer? I have the one with the gas ignition. Yours is in excellent condition! I love my Performer and wish they still made it the same way instead of going to the plastic top.

Yep this is a 1996 model. Garage kept and only driven on Sundays

So jealous of that Stumps, I'd love to have one for my back yard. For now the Big Green Egg will have to do and if I need more capacity I can use my dad's FEC-100.

I just picked up a bag of mesquite charcoal for my Egg- 40# FOR $11.26. Gotta love Cash & Carry!

Back