Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mushrooms & morels…

47264406td.jpeg

47264407pi.jpeg

Knife used: Karol Karyś nakiri courtesy of ARM.

I live and die by tonkatsu and you literally just sent me into shock.
Thanks...I actually "air fried" it in my induction range.
Here's a simple cheat for "frying" in the oven: brown your breadcrumbs in a little oil/butter before breading. The results mimic deep frying.
IMG_3534.jpeg

This is some torikatsu made the same way from deboned thighs.
I think this was TV dinner for Oscar night....similar meal: Katsu, cabbage and soup.
IMG_3369.jpeg

Wait can you explain the method more? Like step by step 🙏
I'll do one better...I got the idea from this website - Just One Cookbook - where I go for all things Japanese home cooking...
At the end of this recipe is her recipe for tonkatsu sauce which I also use.
I prefer it to Bulldog.

It's the same process as frying tonkatsu except that you 1) toast the panko before breading your protein and then 2) cook in the oven instead of deep frying.

I "air fry", because my range has that function, but I've prepared it in my Breville toaster oven and it's almost as good.

I'll do one better...I got the idea from this website - Just One Cookbook - where I go for all things Japanese home cooking...
At the end of this recipe is her recipe for tonkatsu sauce which I also use.
I prefer it to Bulldog.

It's the same process as frying tonkatsu except that you 1) toast the panko before breading your protein and then 2) cook in the oven instead of deep frying.

I "air fry", because my range has that function, but I've prepared it in my Breville toaster oven and it's almost as good.

Awesome thanks. I think frozen and then thawed tofu (for the textural change) could work great for this method as well. I've got one of those Breville air fryer/convection oven/toaster combos too and it will be perfect for this. Excellent, this is really gonna up the breaded cutlet game around here!

Awesome thanks. I think frozen and then thawed tofu (for the textural change) could work great for this method as well. I've got one of those Breville air fryer/convection oven/toaster combos too
I’ve done king trumpet mushroom planks, with parmigiana in the panko, that came out great.

My Breville isn’t convection otherwise I’d use it instead of the range oven.
Fortunately the oven preheats really fast on air fry mode…

I’ve done king trumpet mushroom planks, with parmigiana in the panko, that came out great.

My Breville isn’t convection otherwise I’d use it instead of the range oven.
Fortunately the oven preheats really fast on air fry mode…
Yeah I guess there's no reason not to try this method with all sorts of dishes. Eggplant parm, chicken parm, schnitzel, a breaded picatta, panko cod....dang there's a lot to try now.

Latest posts

Back