Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a spice blend made of finely ground Rosemary, Oregano, Sage, Ginger, Marjoram, Thyme and Pepper. Comes in a little yellow box with an illustration of a turkey on it—made in Boston, a common, inexpensive supermarket staple in the Northeast. Good with pork, chicken, turkey stuffing. I use it when I’m too lazy to rummage through the spice rack.

Bell's is New England in a box. Good stuff.

Whole deboned chicken stuffed with bread and duxelles de champignon stuffing.

LAaM5Rv.jpg

lNj50hc.jpg

That looks fantastic! Did you make a sauce or gravy for it? Also, what knife did you debone the bird with?

Sure there was a gravy. Unfortunately I do not have the pic of it finished. I think this one explains how good it was:

OjKnBRQ.jpg

The knife was Blazen honesuki.

O Canada—Québécois food. Hot chicken sandwich—white bread, shredded roast chicken (seasoned with Old Bay and chili pepper), chicken gravy, buttered peas.

ODtEjzI.jpg

scFwMJ8.jpg

SiznJzi.jpg

leslXbS.jpg

O Canada—Québécois food. Hot chicken sandwich—white bread, shredded roast chicken (seasoned with Old Bay and chili pepper), chicken gravy, buttered peas.

ODtEjzI.jpg

OMG havent had 1 of these since I left Canada... Need to put it on my short list of things to make now!

We are Canadians and we love our hot chicken sandwhiches
How about a side of ketchup chips?

I would give my first born for a bag of ketchup chips rn... Last time I had my mom ship some over customs seized them and returned them to her... :(

Oh dear I've just come across this thread. I'm sorry but I'm going to splurge. The fings wot I've made:

c3BXELi.jpg

Mushroom and goats cheese tortellini, red onion stock, pea shoots

ABvN4g1.jpg

Maple burnt onion, shallot puree, slow-cooked egg yolk, wild garlic (foraged with my own fair hands)

ZgqFi29.jpg

Sea bass, jerusalem artichoke puree, beans, roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, red wine sauce

GgYcdFc.jpg

Rhubarb poached in grenadine (grown by my grandad :) ), hibiscus ice cream, salted granola, white chocolate cremeux, blackberry gel

mPbGypM.jpg

Genoise, voatsiperifery pepper dark chocolate ganache, balsamic strawberry caramel, chocolate glaze, freeze dried strawberries

wvDjVbJ.jpg

Black forest entremet: biscuit moulleux?, genoise, cherry compote, white chocolate kirsch mousse, dark chocolate mousse, chocolate glaze

Also like to make chocolates:
Oc8aD3H.jpg
dTa66HE.jpg

Those are blackcurrant ganache with apple gel in a dark chocolate shell.

sJq3Odk.jpg

First chocolates I ever made! Cherry pate des fruits, orange blossom ganache, dipped in dark chocolate.

And from a few days ago, my very first kimchi!
Uv2lLbW.jpg

Sorry about that. There's more but I think that's enough. Also I know the photos aren't amazing but I rely on my crappy phone camera.

Roasted Beef Bottom Round, rubbed with Old Bay seasoning. Needed to find a use for leftover chicken gravy and buttered peas.

NqbLxnX.jpg

mlTyejR.jpg

JIkibVc.jpg

4GqIzXL.jpg

Turkey gravy FTW !! Just love how Ditmas you squeezed THREE knives into those pictures .... Marko, Sabz whats the other one? ... Sneaky

Nice meat cookery Ditmas. Chic gravy w beef though?
More resourcefulness, laziness, convenience—I had a pot of already made chicken gravy that needed using. My precedents are Chinese chicken noodle soups garnished with beef. The roast did yield a good amount of au jus, I might use it tonight, just want to buy some horse radish and sour cream to go with.

Turkey gravy FTW !! Just love how Ditmas you squeezed THREE knives into those pictures .... Marko, Sabz whats the other one? ... Sneaky
The other one is a Gesshin Uraku petty—feel like I gotta put some knives in since it's KKF. Would've been boring pics when I first started cooking—Wustof, Wustof, Wustof, Dexter.

Celebrating a knife purchase with some crab dumplings; just like knives, couldnt decide on 150mm or 90mm, so I made both
_20180723_102155.jpeg
_20180723_105706.jpeg
_20180723_102049.jpeg
_20180723_102015.jpeg
_20180723_101949.jpeg

Tacos for dinner. Corn tortillas filled with seared tuna, homemade salsa, pickled cucumbers and radishes, garlic and chili sauce mayonnaise sauce. A kale side salad with toasted walnuts and fresh pears from the tree in the yard.

7yhm2fI.jpg

DXCz4zI.jpg

and that looks really really good. How did you finish them?
My standard procedure, salt & pepper, sous vide 57c for 90 minutes, sear on hot carbon steel pan until brown, baste with thyme and garlic butter. Works every time. Ever since I discovered this free range Finnish beef, I haven't purchased any American beef, which previously was my go-to.

Back