Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet and Sour Pork, I think thats what they call it
_20181026_195929.jpeg

Korean chicken wings

Love Gojuchang!!

Attachments

• 19DA3145-F1F4-43E2-AA26-E209746F0134.jpeg
    19DA3145-F1F4-43E2-AA26-E209746F0134.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 75F97A61-5A81-442A-AE10-6C7BFD2DFAC1.jpeg
    75F97A61-5A81-442A-AE10-6C7BFD2DFAC1.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 72
  • C419EDDA-376E-4F92-B40A-5829A4C05211.jpeg
    C419EDDA-376E-4F92-B40A-5829A4C05211.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 73
Big clams and pasta. Linguine with Long Island Top Neck Clams, Brooklyn East IPA Beer, Spanish Chorizo, Yellow Tomatoes, Lao Gan Ma Fried Chili Oil, Hudson Valley Garlic, shredded dried chilies from Hebei (China)—plus Hudson Valley Rapini—prepped with a New York knife.

C1mLdtw.jpg

ofRiMFF.jpg

TZnTFMZ.jpg

U360L3f.jpg

3dsMptX.jpg

Last edited:
That really looks delicious. Really nice browing also. Want to chow down on that.
Slow Roast Pork Belly "Cha Siu" , maple syrup and bbq sauce glazed onions, velveeta and applewood cheddar cheese, served Japanese Sando style. For here and to go.

Roast Chicken with Charred Limes, Garlic, Epazote Leaves and Jalapeños.
You forgot one which really has me curious. Scalloped edges creamy white with brownish/purplish veins. If it is available around me would like to give it a try.
Enjoyed looking at your plates, Nice presentations.

You forgot one which really has me curious. Scalloped edges creamy white with brownish/purplish veins. If it is available around me would like to give it a try.
Enjoyed looking at your plates, Nice presentations.

Cheers! What component of the roast chicken dish are you referring to with "Scalloped edges creamy white with brownish/purplish veins"?

Interesting food choices in this thread. Vegan dishes looks so boring compared to those juicy meat dishes. :rolleyes:

Have you ever googled 'vegan steak'? This mouth watering steak engineered from 100% vegetable matter—time to fire up the grill! I'll take mine medium-rare.
T8aaSjf.png

Last edited:
Cheers! What component of the roast chicken dish are you referring to with "Scalloped edges creamy white with brownish/purplish veins"?

Just below where the blade enters the handle wedged between the jalepeno and lime is the first of 3 which show their face. Second slghtly to the right and a bit down and then back left at the bottom. Have never seen them.

jbqol46.jpg

I’m watching a Thai movie. So I went Thai.

Pad See Ew

Attachments

• CCD182F4-2D64-4CAF-9A7F-715939D64937.jpeg
    CCD182F4-2D64-4CAF-9A7F-715939D64937.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 60
  • 2CF97AE5-C99C-464F-B059-4B009291CD5A.jpeg
    2CF97AE5-C99C-464F-B059-4B009291CD5A.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 51
Have you ever googled 'vegan steak'? This mouth watering steak engineered from 100% vegetable matter—time to fire up the grill! I'll take mine medium-rare.
T8aaSjf.png

I'd rather die... lol... If I wanted steak I would eat the real thing...cows are sacred in India, so we stick to mainly vegan and vegetarian dishes

I'd rather die... lol... If I wanted steak I would eat the real thing...cows are sacred in India, so we stick to mainly vegan and vegetarian dishes

Despite having vacillated between ovo-lacto vegetarian and pescetarian for decades (plus turning an occasional blind eye to the use of rennet or lard) I don't really get the whole fake meat or fake cheese thing. No slight to the people that eat it, there are solid environmental and health reasons for eating less meat, but it just has zero appeal for me, and the fake stuff I've had has been such a sorry excuse for the real thing that I can't see why people bother.

Despite having vacillated between ovo-lacto vegetarian and pescetarian for decades (plus turning an occasional blind eye to the use of rennet or lard) I don't really get the whole fake meat or fake cheese thing. No slight to the people that eat it, there are solid environmental and health reasons for eating less meat, but it just has zero appeal for me, and the fake stuff I've had has been such a sorry excuse for the real thing that I can't see why people bother.

I was raised vegetarian and don't have that problem. I guess some people become vegetarian later in life, they miss eating meat so they look for stuff that's shaped like meat, which is totally bonkers. I guess it's psychological.

Buddhist monks have been crafting vegetarian meals forever. I ate at one monastery in Thailand that blew me away. It was easy calling out the meat they were mimicking. Some were a total success. None sucked.

My boss told me about a place north of me. A short drive. I need to hit it up.

My MIL always takes me to a cool place in Taipei. It’s very good.

Buddhist monks have been crafting vegetarian meals forever. I ate at one monastery in Thailand that blew me away. It was easy calling out the meat they were mimicking. Some were a total success. None sucked.

My boss told me about a place north of me. A short drive. I need to hit it up.

My MIL always takes me to a cool place in Taipei. It’s very good.

I became effectively a vegetarian in my late teens. Fish/seafood and bacon were the only things I really missed, hence the vacillating between pescetarian and ova-latco vegetarian (with a few rare lapses).
The Vinaya, the Buddhist rule book for monks and nuns, allows them to eat meat if it is offered to them and if the animal wasn't killed specifically for them. Tibetan Buddhist monks typically eat meat as trying to be vegetarian in the high altitude, cold, dry climate of Tibet was close to a death sentence although a few, rare, individuals somehow managed it. The cultural tradition of meat eating survived the Tibetan diaspora.
Theravadan monasteries seem to get good reviews for their food

The body can't process nutrients properly at high/cold altitudes, meat definitely aids in survival. In Nepal, sherpas mainly consume lots of carbs, potatoes, noodles, rice, fruits, etc...but throw in meat when they climb Everest for extended periods.

7E3D5297-1577-4356-A996-A9C538A8D4F3.jpeg
Made my wife’s comfort food. It’s called 3-cup Chicken. “Sam Bai Chi”. It’s a great dish. Side of Chinese broccoli for balance.

Had some pork cheeks with no home. Turned it into Char sui!

Attachments

• 2DD5E3CA-DF67-4D5E-81AF-6059DEFDB374.jpeg
    2DD5E3CA-DF67-4D5E-81AF-6059DEFDB374.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 375C6257-B862-4F9E-9494-66DD5837452B.jpeg
    375C6257-B862-4F9E-9494-66DD5837452B.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 53
Back