Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ribeye skewer pad Thai
W/thin egg garnish

Attachments

• 3C192B73-BC44-4AE9-91E8-F86F6E91B7E0.jpeg
    3C192B73-BC44-4AE9-91E8-F86F6E91B7E0.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 79
+1

Ditmas - please PM me to let me know where you are cooking / trying to get to NY in late Jan and need to start planning my food run ... beautiful work as always.

TjA

Aww, you flatter me! I'm a home cook—used to have a little catering company years back doing small supper parties. Will message you, glad to make food recommendations for NYC and Hawai'i if you ever go to the islands.

Aww, you flatter me! I'm a home cook—used to have a little catering company years back doing small supper parties. Will message you, glad to make food recommendations for NYC and Hawai'i if you ever go to the islands.[/OTE

MontezumaBoy, maybe we can coax him out of retirement and have him cater a small supper party. (Looks like it would be well worth the trouble of me driving up to Brooklyn -- where I supposedly "grew up" years ago.) So difficult now for me to get the vision of some of his pictured dishes out of my head.

Aww, you flatter me! I'm a home cook—used to have a little catering company years back doing small supper parties. Will message you, glad to make food recommendations for NYC and Hawai'i if you ever go to the islands.
i think what he meant was he wants you to host him for dinner. but he also secretly wants to fondle your knives. prolly slicing session with the heiji suji.

I was never that keen on making ramen at home due to how difficult, nearly impossible, it was to get quality noodles. Those days are over now. Slurp Ramen Joint in Copenhagen started selling their noodles for home use. They are bar none the best noodles I've ever had, so this was great news to me.

48921853_2391573504247616_8507412533483667456_n.jpg

Last edited:
Lacinato kale—aka Tuscan kale, black kale. Last night's coleslaw. Kaleslaw. Dressing was—rice vinegar, olive oil, Demerara sugar, mirin, Ras el Hanout, Urfa biber, ajwain seeds, salt.
nmWQE07.jpg

TEoii2M.jpg

SidyRLf.jpg

fKzzKlT.jpg

Made xmas dinner yesterday, so today was leftovers..

Lars

image.jpeg

Beautiful Ditmas, gorgeous colors and interesting ingredients. Is that a Ramen?
No, not a ramen, unless you put ramen noodles in it. It's a spicy stew/soup, I sometimes add clear potato starch noodles to bulk it up.

For Korean ramen, the classic is Budae Jjigae (Army Stew)—often made with cheap hotdogs, SPAM, etc.

ditmas, try using soft tofu next time, it's such a great texture. and to do the broth fry ginger garlic onion beef & gochugaru in sesame oil then add mirin and chicken stock

I love soft tofu, I know a few places in NYC that make it fresh—unfortunately my wife hates soft tofu, along with meat from quadrupeds and fowl, cooked carrots, mayo, and eggplant in all forms.

Cheers for the soup method tip, will try that next time minus the meat products—unless making it for myself when my wife is traveling.

I spice mine up with both gochujang paste and gochugaro, been using sesame oil just at the end drizzling into the bowl to finish. Also add clam juice and dashi (the ones in teabags) to boost the umami—sometimes a little fermented beancurd if I want it a bit funky.

Back