Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to try these dumplings once. They really look fluffy.

Bread dumplings you can get in eastern Europe, Czech, Slovakia, Slovenia...
You cube old bread, add 1 sauted onion, couple of eggs, creme fraiche and some cubed ham. Also very good.

I do like these dumplings because they are very fluffy. I don't enjoy super dense heavy doughy dumplings.

I often make chicken soup with these dumplings when I have a cold. Also the jalapeno vinegar on top is delicious.

Beef Jerky - marinated in chipotle-soy sauce. There are some really huge pieces.

IMG_0894.jpeg
IMG_0895.jpeg
IMG_0896.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg

Had some flat-iron in the freezer and a nice warm evening so made some fajitas.

fj1.jpg

Also have a batch of pickled onions and fresnos, so put those to good use!

fj2.jpg

Last night's spicy lacquered drums and thighs—scored with a Gesshin Uraku KU petty. Chicken marinade—shoyu, Sichuan peppercorns, chilies, sugar, homemade five spice, fermented bean curd, sesame oil, etc. Blasted at 400f, 'cause I was in a rush.

TrgM2nF.jpg

Dang! Mouth is watering from the previous two posts.

Did drums and thighs myself last night - with porcini mushrooms, white wine and tomatoes.

chk.jpg

The plannings of a dinner are coming together. Foie gras, a huge entrecot roast and a bowl full of fresh blood oranges. There are other things to add to this meal as well...

IMG_0899.jpeg
IMG_0900.jpeg
IMG_0901.jpeg

chicken.jpg

This was really good tonight, I thought.

Buttermilk brined chicken breast cooked with bacon in a low oven for an hour, then seared in lots of butter, over a leek/mushroom/stock/creme fraiche sauce, paired with a warm cauliflower & butternut salad with crispy chickpeas and a citrus/tahini dressing with a sprinkling of parsley and mint.

Tried my hand at some low and slow pork as an excuse to try out my kettle grill for the first time.
Turned out pretty tasty and I learned a few things about maneging the temp as well.
Really enjoyed the anticipation all day.

IMG_0465.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG

I know. That sounds tasty...pls share the winelist :)

With the foie gras, we had some unnamed champagne (branded for my wife's employer). With the beef, we had a bottle of Zenato Valpolicella which is pretty much my favorite go-to wine ever.

If you don't have one already, a grate level temp probe is super handy.

I think that's some great advice.
I did put an oven thermometer on the grate, but to read it you have to open the lid.
The difference between the Weber probe in the lid and the actual temp at the grate was 15-20 degrees celcius.
Three to four hours into the cook I went online and ordered a dual probe wireless thermometer! It should let me see the air temp at the grate as well as the internal temp of the meat.

Şiş köfte

That looks great.

Lars

I did put an oven thermometer on the grate, but to read it you have to open the lid.
The difference between the Weber probe in the lid and the actual temp at the grate was 15-20 degrees celcius.
Three to four hours into the cook I went online and ordered a dual probe wireless thermometer! It should let me see the air temp at the grate as well as the internal temp of the meat.

That looks great.

Lars
Check out "The Meater" single probe. The tip gives interior temp on the meat and the other end of the probe gives ambient temp. Bluetooth to your cell phone.

Check out "The Meater" single probe. The tip gives interior temp on the meat and the other end of the probe gives ambient temp. Bluetooth to your cell phone.

That looks well cool, but I already ordered another dual thermometer.

Lars

Lars

Yeah, a temp probe is a must, for pretty much any smoker. The gauge in the lids are always high since, well, heat rises :D. Happy smoking!

upload_2019-3-25_19-20-20.jpeg
Cacio e pepe

I am well aware that it may be slightly provocative to post this in a knife forum since this dish requires no cutting whatsoever, nevertheless, it’s awsome...

Cacio e pepe

I am well aware that it may be slightly provocative to post this in a knife forum since this dish requires no cutting whatsoever, nevertheless, it’s awsome...

Well, unless you make the pasta fresh and cut it by hand :). So we'll let it slide.

Latest posts

Back