Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lasagne with béchamel is 100% authentic to Northern Italy, especially the Emilia-Romagna region.

Traditional Italian food is extremely varied by region both in influences and available ingredients.
Food in the North is very different from the South.

Traditional lasagne di carnevele from Naples in the south is made with layers of various meats, eggs & ricotta topped with meat sauce and mozzarella. The pasta is made with semolina and water.

The traditional lasagne di forno from Emilia-Romagna in the north is made with layers of a thick meat ragu and topped with béchamel. (they use more butter and milk in the North). The pasta is made with eggs.

"The Food of Italy" by Waverley Root is a great book detailing the regional variations in Italian cuisine...

After a day in the fridge.
IMG_20190708_190533.jpg

Guessing a little organ sausage--kidney, liver, heart?

’Organ sausage’ - that word made me wake up faster! and it put a big Smile on my face! Thanks!

No kidney, liver or heart, sadly. Sounds like a mighty good combination but my family is suspicious of kidney and liver... I hope to teach them eventually.

Ok, @Michi, full disclosure:

1. Pistachios
2. Thyme
3. Some garlic
4. Defensible amounts of salt, pepper and butter
5.... and, there might have been just a tiny bit of finely chopped (not minced), PORK BELLY

So, there you have it! Family loved it. Even my super picky son did. [emoji16]

Well done! Now there, that wasn't so bad, was it? ;)

Pork belly is a nice touch, I like that a lot! :)

Another thing to put on my "must try" list!

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

As for stuffing it seems that possibilities are endless. An all vegetables stuffing could be great too!

Wanted to "science," so I'm making 5lbs of cha shu using pork belly & butt following Serious Eats' Kenji's recipe. 3/5 in the oven and 2/5 sous vide. Should be interesting to see how they turn out!

Please ignore the knives in the back - they're not for me (anymore)

RekCW5c.jpg

4w21yF7.jpg

Wanted to "science," so I'm making 5lbs of cha shu using pork belly & butt following Serious Eats' Kenji's recipe. 3/5 in the oven and 2/5 sous vide. Should be interesting to see how they turn out!

Please ignore the knives in the back - they're not for me (anymore)

RekCW5c.jpg

4w21yF7.jpg

Cool stuff! Looking forward to seeing the result!

IMG_0820.jpg

Pasta with wallnutt and some chicken.

Recipe:
Salt roast some walnuts
Cook wallnuts in Milk and ADD abit of garlic and Lemon zest.
Strain the milk and keep it for later, purre the walnuts.
ADD White bred to milk and let it soak up.
Cook pasta, add the paste, then the milk.
Season with salt peber, parsley.
When plated ADD parmegiano and parsley, and the salt roasted walnuts.

Sorry for the bad picture, no time to plate when theres small kids around.

Back