Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scallops and cod loin.
IMG_20200124_185453.jpg
IMG_20200124_185813_016.jpg

My first shot at making sourdough baguette:
IMG_3454.jpg

The crust came out really nice, very crispy. The crumb was a little too dense for a baguette, IMO:
IMG_3455.jpg

I used 50% all-purpose flour, 33% bread flour, and 17% Atta (wholemeal) flour. I think I'll try with 100% AP flour next time. Hopefully, that'll lighten up the texture a bit.

Last edited:
I made Chiu Chow Chili Oil the other day and it's wonderfull. Not crazy hot, but with a great depth and fruitiness.
So today was all about coming up with an excuse to use it and I made a mock version of a mock asian dish - General Tso's Chicken!
Tasted nice and was a great alibi for drenching in chili oil.
IMG_0377.jpg

I made Chiu Chow Chili Oil the other day and it's wonderfull. Not crazy hot, but with a great depth and fruitiness.
So today was all about coming up with an excuse to use it and I made a mock version of a mock asian dish - General Tso's Chicken!
Tasted nice and was a great alibi for drenching in chili oil.
View attachment 70444
Dammit I should've looked for a Danish spouse

Anyone here had make the Tiramisu? Planing to make some for kids this Tuesday!

Lots recipe out there , hard to choose lol

Fanny Bay, British Columbia

View attachment 70151

In the middle, Wiley Point, Maine
Around, Kusshi, British Columbia

View attachment 70152
The Fanny Bay Inn makes the most wonderful oyster burger going. Me and my friends would take our Harley’s and make a 200mile plus round trip just to have one of their Oyster burgers. The PNW (Pacific Northwest) generally has amazing oysters but the Fanny Bay oysters are definitely special. I understand that Harry and Meghan and Archie moved to Victoria just to be able to get Fanny Bay oysters. Too bad about that crown ... but you will sacrifice a lot for a Fanny Bay oyster.

Finally got a chance to try this. That's a really nice recipe. The spices work really well together, and the duck fat makes sure that the potatoes come out crispy.

Do you have an Indian background, by any chance? The spices are much like what is commonly used in Ayurvedic cooking…

Thanks again, I really enjoyed this a lot!

I added some homemade sausage and a bit of salad to turn this into a meal :)

View attachment 68721

That looks delicious @Michi, so glad you got to try it and liked it!
Works well with meat and salad eh?

It is an Indian recipe you're right

That glaze looks awesome! Would you let us know how you made it?
Hello Michi! I assume you are talking about the ribs and Thank you!
I first marinade the ribs in Chinese cooking wine, gingers, garlic and some salt and sugar overnight.
The next day I stir fry the ribs till brown then added more wine + soy sauce + Chinese vinegar + white sugar + brown sugar + salt.
I cooked it in low to mid heat for about 90min till I can poke through the ribs with chopsticks.

Dinner time , cooking for me and wife .i think I like to cook lol !

Cajun chicken , garlic green bean ,enoki mushrooms, egg fried rice and portabella mushroom cream sauce for that ! :)

Attachments

• 8A6C8839-96D1-4B03-9787-575816AB5DE7.jpeg
    8A6C8839-96D1-4B03-9787-575816AB5DE7.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 43
Back