Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0198.jpg

n1008484038_30192109_6470-1.jpg

n1008484038_30192103_5214-1.jpg

n1008484038_30192105_5631.jpg

First dish is a veal sweetbread with a red pea and pork belly cake, julienned watermelon radish and celery root topped with a congac demi-glace
Second dish is a Kona Coffe sponge cake with currants, Johnny Walker Blue Creme Anglaise and a Rose Regale Sorbet.
Third Dish is a Pan seared Florida Pompano in a Soy broth with Han-Tsumiji mushrooms, bok-choy, snap peas, baby pearl onions, quick fried tomatoes, and fennel.
Fourth Dish is a Dry aged prime New York Strip with a sweet onion Soubise, grilled fennel, shallot jam, spinach and a fried quail egg.

Very nice indeed. The steak is a bit overcooked for me, but overall I would it it :) best use of JW Blue I have seen, much better than having to drink it... :D

Stefan

I agree. If I was going to be eating it, I would've preferred more on the mid-rare side. But that was for a party at the restaurant. Guest wanted it medium-midwell. Gah.

Last night I decided to make braised beef short ribs, Keller's mashed potatoes with garlic confit and grilled raddicho. Unfortunately the beef short ribs didn't turn out the way I wanted them to so I won't bother posting pictures and this was my first time dealing with raddicho, which was so bitter I threw it out. What did turn out to be an absolutely amazing dish was Thomas Keller's mashed potatoes with garlic confit. I very slowly over low heat cooked the garlic cloves and then using my food mill, mashed the potatoes with butter and garlic confit. I warmed up some heavy cream and slowly incorporated that until I had reached the desired consistency, add salt and pepper and they were the best mashed I had ever had.

I know presentation is not my best but the wifey and I were so hungry we started digging into the taters and then I realized, shoot I need to take a picture!

I agree. If I was going to be eating it, I would've preferred more on the mid-rare side. But that was for a party at the restaurant. Guest wanted it medium-midwell. Gah.

Chef, that is some amazing work, please keep sharing it with us!

OK something really special here.

Day old left over rice, eggs, onions, shrimp, edimame, and panchetta.

The Kids' favorite food.

imag0096ql.jpg

Some sushi for a few friends the other day. Crappy cell pics.

imag013911.jpg

imag0118fk.jpg

And the best: Fried Shrimp Heads!

imag0116s.jpg

Great job, folks!

Everything looks so good, I'm going to add some photos after my vacation.

Chaz, is that a seaweed salad (first pic)? If so, what's in it?

Seaweed salad, tuna, scalions, a little siracha, sesame seeds, tuna sashimi cut to look like a rose (I cut the slices too thick).

Sounds (and looks) good to me!

My wife made something special today. It's called Bun Bo Hue, Central Vietnam's spicy beef noodle soup, with pork trotters.
It's got sliced bottom round, sliced beef shank meat, pork trotters, rice vermicelli in a spicy broth with a whole bunch of chiles, lemon grass and spices.

imag0103o.jpg

imag0104z.jpg

:tongue4: Arrrggggg!!!!! Food lust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some mid-service photos. Apologize for less than stellar quality. Was trying to take a picture before putting the plates out.

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

First Dish - Antipasti Misti consisting of House Marinated Olives, Gorgonzola Dolce, Grape-leaf wrapped goat feta cheese, Eggplant caponata, Marinated Calabresea peppers, house made pickles, Duck Confit Rillet. the Sliced meats are Pata Negra Bellota, Iberico Lomo, Sweet and Spicy Soperasata, and house made Prosciutto Di Parma aged 24mos.

Second dish is a Farmer Salad with Lemon parm vinaigrette, Lardons of our house made applewood smoked bacon, Levain bread croutons, parm cheese, mixed greens from our garden, and a soft poached egg. (and a cameo of my Hiromoto AS Gyuto in the background. :p)

Third dish is our Grilled Kumomoto Oysters with ramps and peppers, topped with ramp butter and garlic levain crumbs.

Fourth Dish is a Beet timbale with blood orange supremes, toasted pistachios, an arugula, frisee, and radicchio salad. Inside the timbale is chive goat cheese, diced beets and on the outside, are some smaller diced beets and the swoosh is pistachio andidina.

Fifth Dish is a Grilled Rack of Jamison Farms Lamb with a potato and stinging nettle gratin, a hash of fresh peas, favas, baby carrots, romanesco, tossed in a green garlic pesto. Theres some kale under the lamb and the sauce is a simple lamb jus. The lamb was ordered mid rare closer to the rare side, so I made it how I would have eaten it. :p

Super busy night tonight. In the lamb picture, all those containers were once full.

Bun Bo Hue! When I worked with some Vietnamese and Malaysian dudes, they used to bet each other bowls of Bun Bo Hue for sporting events.

a light summery swordfish dish I put together today for sunday brunch.

SSPX0127.jpg

Buffalo chicken burger I made by grinding 50\50 white dark meat and my homemade buffalo sauce inside the burger and ontop..
221885_10150146769661706_580671705_6938831_2291614_n.jpg

The swordfish and the burger look amazing, thanks for sharing guys.

Mad Mel, from what I can see it looks amazing but is there anyway you might be able to post larger pictures so we can really see what is going on?

Ok here's a repost of my pics lol

20110322195332.jpg

Foie gras

20110319133744.jpg

Korobuta loin and belly

20110319133535.jpg

Octopus salad

Awesome, thank you for enlarging those pictures. Those dishes look even more amazing than before, well done.

Back