Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You shouldn't have to teach them to eat the food; you should teach them how to enjoy the food
Pork Shogayaki bento
Right on! I love watching my girls' palettes evolve. From when they first started eating solid food and I'd add a tiny bit of cinnamon to their baby oatmeal and a tiny bit of curry powder to their baby rice. They of course moved on to daddy's mac and cheese and andouille jambalaya. When the oldest began to talk she started asking me when I was going to make crab-cakes, baby back ribs, or salmon again, hint hint, daddy. The youngest is my 'spice girl' with her dad's penchant for hot sauce or red chili flakes. This week the older one convinced me we needed to make fried chicken, so we did, Korean style.

took the afternoon off and with cooler weather declared today, "Baking Day!"
Two pans of focaccia to later be served with fine olive oil and grape must along side some cheese, olives and prosciutto.
and one flourless dark chocolate cake to later be served with raspberries and Chantilly creme
and wine, both will be had with red wine... Happy Labor Day Weekend, y'all.
baking-day.jpg

I'm not trying to cross-post from the recipe forum, just a generic recommendation for any baking enthusiasts looking for a spectacular chocolate "chip" cookie recipe, I'd happily recommend that enthsiasts push the envelope just a tad more and use something even darker than the 70% Lindt Dark Chocolate I used in this recipe. And lean in delicately on the flakey sea salt, it really doesn't need as much as the recipe calls for. And as far as dark chocolate, even at 70%, it seemed a touch mild to be completely honest.

I'm at more than 24 hours of rest, I'm assuming the flour in the recipe is fully hydrated, so the dough balls come together nice and firmly. This is a very good recipe for intense, high quality chocolate "chip" (more like chunks or slabs) cookies. Give them a try. I haven't made homemade chocolate chip cookies in many years, basically a few decades ago when the internet was new and someone shared their expensive chocolate chip cookie recipe from Neiman Marcus that was "$250". Link attached for prosperity

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/9465-the-250-cookie-recipe
_MG_3618.jpeg

Back