Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niku Jyaga
BC9BFEA1-294A-4444-AE32-8CFFA1FF3EC6.jpeg
43B774CE-4FF6-4AB5-A456-D3587761501A.jpeg

Last edited:
:bbqsmoker:The local store has pork ribs on sale, butt in the case they are all trimmed, so I asked if they had any still in the bag, and they accommodated me. I smear mustard all over them, then coat with my home made dry rub. The went into the Big Green Egg at 190º for 7 hours, and due to a late start they then rested till today in the fridge, reheating under foil at a bare 200º for a couple of hours. I made some salad with napa cabbage and cucumber with a ceasarish dressings. I had some carrots that held up a chicken while it roasted. I sliced then fairly thickly and browned them in some olive oil.
No pics of the plating, butt got a record of the Q.
The meat slides off the bone butt still has some bite to it!
PICT0434.JPG

PICT0435.JPG

PICT0437.JPG
A Big green egg?

Is it very difficult finding Asian ingredients in Omaha?

I'm not sure yet - this was my first attempt at cooking "real" Chinese food. There are half dozen small Asian markets in town. I was able to get the pantry staples for these dishes at the one closest to me, except I confused fermented bean paste with fermented black beans. The produce section was lacking, but my local supermarket had kohlrabi.

I'm not sure yet - this was my first attempt at cooking "real" Chinese food. There are half dozen small Asian markets in town. I was able to get the pantry staples for these dishes at the one closest to me, except I confused fermented bean paste with fermented black beans. The produce section was lacking, but my local supermarket had kohlrabi.

For most dishes all you need are a few key ingredients. If you can’t find stuff there’re usually suitable substitutes—like dry sherry for Shaoxing wine. Is this what you mean by black bean paste?

Attachments

• 5CDB7B92-3D82-4FD0-8831-E12AC37B4481.jpeg
    5CDB7B92-3D82-4FD0-8831-E12AC37B4481.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
Back