Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. It looks better than my second brisket ever did.

While it may have been the second brisket, I've done quite a few ribs and chicken over the last few years. My Weber Smokey Mountain is fairly new, so I'm still learning to master it, but I've got my general smoking down. As confident as I am, it was still stressful doing something like this for his birthday - lots of pressure to get it right. You second guess everything (do I wrap or don't I; crap it stalled - guess I have to wrap; how long to wait before I wrap to make sure everything times out right), but in this case I managed to get everything perfect and we were eating within about 20 minutes of my target time.

Awesome Indian meal tonight. Kidney beans with caramelized onion and lemon, cabbage and potatoes cooked with a ton of spices and raita with cucumber and tomato.
I just love how you can get so much great flavor out of such simple ingredients. Really yummy and satisfying..
IMG_2503.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Indian meal tonight. Kidney beans with caramelized onion and lemon, cabbage and potatoes cooked with a ton of spices and raita with cucumber and tomato.
I just love how you can get so much great flavor out of such simple ingredients. Really yummy and satisfying..
View attachment 136598

I think we were thinking along the same lines as I am making red beans and rice for dinner. Just something simple.

I like to toss okra with olive oil and Cajun seasoning then grill it. But I may give your powdered cumin and coriander a go. Did you slice your okra in half?

Limpets, from the Açores. I thought you guys might want to see this, though I did not prepare these myself. I am spending a few days on São Miguel island, and immensely enjoyed my lunch today of these locally popular and abundant sea snails. Locally called lapas, they are pried from their tenacious grip on intertidal rocks, and cooked face up in an iron skillet with garlic and butter or olive oil, and sprinkled with salt and lemon juice. They taste quite like mild clams. Delicious.

IMG_2173.jpg

My idea was to make pizza today, but when I woke up this morning I just didn't feel like pizza(blasphemy I know).
So I boned out some chicken legs, fired up the grill and made chicken and veggie skewers instead.
Made some tzatziki too. It was nice.
IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

Basque cheese cake. Unfortunately, it suffered a little while I transferred it to the plate. And the centre did not set completely. Still, seeing that this my first cake ever, I'm not too disappointed. And it tasted really nice :)
IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back