Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick meal... fried noodles with veggies.
20220108_182657.jpg
20220108_181211.jpg
20220108_172756.jpg

most salmon nowadays IMO is crap, if I ever stumble across some Sockeye or great looking wild Alaskan or Scottish I buy it but those are rare occasions.

most salmon nowadays IMO is crap, if I ever stumble across some Sockeye or great looking wild Alaskan or Scottish I buy it but those are rare occasions.
We occasionally get great Pacific NW salmon here, it has a premium price tag, but totally worth it occasionally.

So the wife and I have both been under the weather. Flu or COVID I don't know yet, we'll see what the tests say. Not terrible sick but surely not bouncing about the house. I suspect just a nasty flu but who knows these days.

Two nights ago I made some turkey cutlets out of the tenderloins from the Christmas bird I'd broke down. Man, they were gonna make some righteous sandwiches! But alas, we mostly just nibbled on them.

I'm about two days ahead of the wife in whatever it is we are graciously playing host to so she still has little appetite but after eating so little for four days now, I found myself mildly hungry. I also found myself tired of being a slug.

So...

WlyOnIk.jpg

The fridge and shelves are getting bare so no green stuff but I figured I could make this into something. Also, that's the now nearly ever-present Akifusa 180mm gyuto.

Some tomato paste, dried basil, a little red paper flakes, parm, later and...

Ras3edA.jpg

I know, sad plating but it made me happy. :) Tasted good too.

Last edited:
So the wife and I have both been under the weather. Flu or COVID I don't know yet, we'll see what the tests say. Not terrible sick but surely not bouncing about the house. I suspect just a nasty flu but who knows these days.

Two nights ago I made some turkey cutlets out of the tenderloins from the Christmas bird I'd broke down. Man, they were gonna make some righteous sandwiches! But alas, we mostly just nibbled on them.

I'm about two days ahead of the wife in whatever it is we are graciously paying host to so she still has little appetite but after eating so little for four days now, I found myself mildly hungry. I also found myself tired of being a slug.

So...

WlyOnIk.jpg

The fridge and shelves are getting bare so no green stuff but I figured I could make this into something. Also, that's the now nearly ever-present Akifusa 180mm gyuto.

Some tomato paste, dried basil, a little red paper flakes, parm, later and...

Ras3edA.jpg

I know, sad plating but it made me happy. :) Tasted good too.

If you've still got your sense of taste, that's a good sign! Honestly of all things covid related that's what freaks me out the most 😬

Bloody awesome, that looks like sausage perfection! We are all proud of you Lars! :)
Thanks, I'm flattered..! It was a lot less daunting than I feared.
The stuffer was really easy to use(and clean) and my Kenwood stand mixer with the paddle attachment did a great job of mixing everything.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with the sausage.. I think Marcella Hazan have some ideas for that..!

Back