Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day after cold fried chicken and slaw with homemade hot sauce. Is there any better hangover meal on God’s green Earth?
36C0FF87-AAA0-4B77-811C-1B51A1598EB4.jpeg

Day after cold fried chicken and slaw with homemade hot sauce. Is there any better hangover meal on God’s green Earth?View attachment 327150
Yes. Chop up that cold fried chicken, make fried chicken salad with some mayo, roasted corn and red pepper, the hot sauce, bacon bits, red onion, a squeeze of lemon, top it with the slaw, and eat it on a toasted croissant.

The way this cures your hangover is, you die. Immediate cardiac arrest. 👌

양념통닭 Korean fried chicken requested by my partners 9 yo son
These never last long enough for me to compose a plate

IMG_4722.jpeg
IMG_4725.jpeg
IMG_4731.jpeg

Shout out to @bearhippo for passing on an amazing ko-gyuto by Robert. My first, hopefully not the last. Great little knife sailed through all tasks
Would love to find a side stack from him one day

清湯牛腩​

white pepper braised brisket with daikon

its recommend for anyone making this to not cook fall off the bone tender. it needs a chewy texture. you will want a quality chili oil and soy sauce dip because it’s is a very neutral dish. choice grade brisket is perfect. anything fattier will yield a greasy broth..

IMG_9169.jpeg
IMG_9168.jpeg

Forcast 95/35 in my spot today so soup.... Not so much.......
But does the rest of the world not call it "split pea soup"?
Edit: sorry only saw your pot at first... You used fresh peas! Never made it like that

Forcast 95/35 in my spot today so soup.... Not so much.......
But does the rest of the world not call it "split pea soup"?
Edit: sorry only saw your pot at first... You used fresh peas! Never made it like that
I got it worse down in south florida but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying good hot soup any time of year. Or hot coffee. I’ve always chuckled when people say that. As if we all are only surviving the heat during the summer because we’re existing on a diet of cold cuts, cole slaws, and ice water 🤣

I got it worse down in south florida but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying good hot soup any time of year. Or hot coffee. I’ve always chuckled when people say that. As if we all are only surviving the heat during the summer because we’re existing on a diet of cold cuts, cole slaws, and ice water 🤣

Same haha, it was 93 odd degrees here in Houston yesterday and I still went out for some Banh Canh Cua and Bun Bo Hue.
If you think about it, soup is actually the perfect hot weather food since your meal is hydrating you lol.

Yeah I mean you wouldn’t have found me drinking hot coffee on the job when I used to build houses down here in the middle of summer, no sir, cold only. Of course most of us are just hopping from one air conditioned cube to another these days. Definitely couldn’t have afforded any nice knives back then on that salary 😅

清湯牛腩​

white pepper braised brisket with daikon

its recommend for anyone making this to not cook fall off the bone tender. it needs a chewy texture. you will want a quality chili oil and soy sauce dip because it’s is a very neutral dish. choice grade brisket is perfect. anything fattier will yield a greasy broth..

View attachment 328384View attachment 328385
Awesome! Just like my grandma's cooking.

Latest posts

Back