Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man!! Let us know how it turns out. And happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate

Hope everyone that gathered with family and friends for Thanksgiving had a great time:hungry3:
I love to provide the beef for our food obsessed family at holiday meals.

Two 6lb. ribeye roast in the Meat Aquarium.
IMG_2318.jpg

Lots of left overs for sandwiches and salads in the coming days.
IMG_2330.jpgIMG_2344.jpg

Looks good. I bought a 14lb prime roast Monday that went in the dry aging fridge for Christmas. What temperature did you cook it to?

Looks good. I bought a 14lb prime roast Monday that went in the dry aging fridge for Christmas. What temperature did you cook it to?

Thanks. 130 f sous vide for about 3 1/2 hrs then seared on a weber charcoal grill. If I'd had more time i would have tied up the roasts to keep a cylindrical shape which makes maneuvering on the grill easier.
Dry aging sounds great. Curious about your set up and process.

I got 500g full fat creme fraiche in the fridge that I need to use today. Anyone have any ideas?
Potatoes, any way you want to cook them. Salmon any way you want to cook it, I like smoked, cold or hot, w/ capers and onion. You could make a smoked fish dip.....yum, with some hot sauce on crackers. What can't you do with It?

9i1NUoY.jpg

Turkey drumsticks, slow roasted with Xinjiang spices.
Sichuan pepper, five spice, garlic, cumin, chili, salt, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil.

9i1NUoY.jpg

Sichuan pepper, five spice, garlic, cumin, chili, salt, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil.

That looks divine!

Can I ask what the knife is? It looks like a hankotsu or something?

9i1NUoY.jpg

I could not be more hungry right now.

This thread needs to be shut down as a public service to me. Fatty fat fat me.

Just me tonight, so I made a single serving of risotto with capicola. So my evening is gonna be that, along with a Rochefort 10 while watching Dr. Strangelove.

c13a268ae2b5c8215fbe.png

Those four steaks are roughly 350-400g each. Price per kilo was 700 DKK. Considering the price and that I hadn't tasted the meat before, I didn't want to do too much to it.
Salt and pepper and an oil rub before going on a ripping hot De Buyer carbon steel pan. 2 minutes per sides for medium rare, while basting with the rendered beef fat and a little butter. Rest for 8 minutes or so. Served with an ice cold smashed cucumber salad, boiled fingerling potatoes, and a Trappistes Rochefort 10.

The meat had been dry aged for 21 days. Flavor was as expected, very beefy, but not a lot of that funky aged flavor. Not cheesy at all. Meat was incredibly tender, almost like it had been braised for hours but still with a slight spring. It wasn't better or worse than the Japanese wagyu I had a few months ago, but it was almost half price, so a clear winner in bang for buck. Pretty cool that it's from Finland and free range though. Never had Finnish beef before (or at least since I was 3 years old and lived in Helsinki), only wild game.

What we have wagyu here... damm need to look into that. Best marbling I have seen from any meat from this country!

Now what I find "retarded" is the pricing, if i got that right you got like 1.4kgishh of beef for 700 DKK (90-100 €), for grass fed, free roaming rib eye regular pricing here is like 45-60€ per kg(non Wagyu)...

My flight lands at 3 AM will be there around 4 to help get them off the grill ... I will bring some fresh tortilla's, tomatillo salsa and roasted jalapeno's !!!! Now please close the damn dome as I can smell it from SD ... looks YUMMY! :hungry:

Perfect cuz I'm thinking they'll be done around 4am! Haha!!! It does smell real good in the backyard.

Back