Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

ptolemy

Reaction score
Very basic costco wagyu burger - nice crust, cheese, coasted roll and pickles

brianh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally eating. Served with homemade baked beans.

IMG_2034.JPG

chiffonodd

Reaction score
1) You can get wagyu at costco?? Boy have I been living under a rock.

2) That crust looks so good.

Danzo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pulled pork looks insane. I’m all about toppings and condiments

brianh

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That pulled pork looks insane. I’m all about toppings and condiments
Thank you! We do, too. I did a quick dijon and apple cider vinegar slaw with ground celery seeds The rest is pretty obvious, hehe. I also like a homemade honey mustard on BBQ. Not a big fan of traditional BBQ sauce, aside from on ribs.

ptolemy

Reaction score
1) You can get wagyu at costco?? Boy have I been living under a rock.

2) That crust looks so good.
yep, they go on sale every 3-5 month and sell out very quickly. most of the time not even in stock either. i got lucky!

Xenif

Reaction score
The knife test bento 1)thin slice beef, french onions, cut potatos for Nikujaga 2)mince pork, dice cabbage and super tiny shallots and garlic for Pot sticker 3)shread lettuce and then thin slice smoked duck for salad 4)cut pomelo 5)take grapes off vine using the light reflecting off the knife edge, if it dosent work use hands then claim knife not sharp enough and break out the stones

LifeByA1000Cuts

Reaction score
@DamageInc I tend to trust pizza dough recipes that go for plenty of gluten (bread flour) and oil rather than suggest esoteric pizzeria-grade flours which will yield a disappointing result in a home oven.

DamageInc

Idiot
Reaction score
@DamageInc I tend to trust pizza dough recipes that go for plenty of gluten (bread flour) and oil rather than suggest esoteric pizzeria-grade flours which will yield a disappointing result in a home oven.
I tend to just use whatever tipo 00 flour I can get in the local supermarket. If I can't get tipo 00, I just use a good quality finely ground danish wheat flour.

ptolemy

Reaction score
I think porchetta last night...First time. bad butchering and piece was pretty thin. I wanted 2.5" and it was maybe 1.75. Turned out so yum yum though.

I had harder time removing skin cleanly and it ended up being short to completely cover it. It also shrank a bit much in oven. I'll do better next time :)

dwalker

Reaction score
Went camping last weekend. Wish I took more pics, but it was a carnivour's dream.

noideaatall1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a slab a few days ago but I forgot to take a pic of that. And this piece of belly had way more fat than meat so to make myself feel a tad healthy I decided to have small portions...

noideaatall1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think porchetta last night...First time. bad butchering and piece was pretty thin. I wanted 2.5" and it was maybe 1.75. Turned out so yum yum though.

I had harder time removing skin cleanly and it ended up being short to completely cover it. It also shrank a bit much in oven. I'll do better next time :)

What did you use to cut through the crackling? The few times I used a gyuto I would always find chips after:angry1:

ptolemy

Reaction score
What did you use to cut through the crackling? The few times I used a gyuto I would always find chips after:angry1:
yup, i tried mine too.. it was like glass... but, get a bread knife and it's easy!

DitmasPork

Reaction score
Last night's Spatchcock Chicken. Sichuan/Xinjiang inspired dry rub of Sichuan pepper, dried chillies, salt, cumin, five spice.

buffhr

Reaction score
Damm... i know what im making with my chicken over the weekend... looks fantastic!

larrybard

Reaction score
You certainly inspired me -- for which I'm grateful. Just finished eating almost half of my freshly made spatchcocked chicken (though with a somewhat different spice mixture, including turmeric, but without five spices). Thank you.