Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple pork tenderloin, pan seared, with a bourbon carmel sauce. Never tried this combo before, it wasn't bad but the carmel sauce didn't have enough flavor beyond, well, carmel and whiskey, to complete the dish. That's fine, I learn something with everything I make. Also used my new santoku for the first time. Matchstick carrots weren't perfect, but they were sure fun to cut.

C556FYkh.jpg

idyTAuyh.jpg

Also I tried a little too hard and failed a little too much with an attempt to drizzle, lol.

Nothing fancy, but a risotto made from mint, peas, pecorino rinds, carrot and onion. Sous vide Sword fish with a soffritto of strawberries, jalapeno, onion, daikon and black pepper and a lemon butter sauce.

RXpzRlg

http://imgur.com/RXpzRlg

Also I have been here for years and still can't post a pic to save my life.

Open the image in a new tab. Only the image. If you are on chrome, it's just right clicking on the image and clicking "open image in new tab". If it's mozilla it's "view image" or something like that. Then one you've done that, copy the url at the top of the page. If done correctly, the url should end in .jpg or .png

Then insert that url in the image inserting function, which I can see you've attempted already.

RXpzRlg.jpg

If you quote my post, you can see what the url is supposed to look like. The url needs to lead to the image only, not the page with the image embedded.

Open the image in a new tab. Only the image. If you are on chrome, it's just right clicking on the image and clicking "open image in new tab". If it's mozilla it's "view image" or something like that. Then one you've done that, copy the url at the top of the page. If done correctly, the url should end in .jpg or .png

Then insert that url in the image inserting function, which I can see you've attempted already.

RXpzRlg.jpg

If you quote my post, you can see what the url is supposed to look like. The url needs to lead to the image only, not the page with the image embedded.

You sir are a god. Thank you.

I think my knives are turning me Japanese!

lwznsCD.jpg

The long Canadian winter and the lack of fresh local produce is really uninspiring, as I need more ideas to put into these bentos

utvL5yn.jpg

zhtLQ6S.jpg

T9iqSSQ.jpg

Read about Murray Carter time in Kyushu, inspired me to make Amami chicken rice style bento (a Kyushu favourite)

lee0JpU.jpg

I don't want to hear no more excuses from now on. I'll be watching you.

Thank you. Expect more pics soon of my various antics. Sunday is the quintessential family meal before I move to 🏫 so I should have some cool shots of food and knives and beer (lots of tripels will be had)

Thank you. Expect more pics soon of my various antics. Sunday is the quintessential family meal before I move to 🏫 so I should have some cool shots of food and knives and beer (lots of tripels will be had)

Tripels make everything better. Quads make everything more betterer. Can't wait.

Dinner tonight from the wok:

Eggplant.jpg

"Fish Fragrant Eggplant" from the Dunlop book (no fish, just eggplant), with egg-fried rice using leftover ham bits. On the side, a cucumber salad my wife made with leftover spinich and some peanuts.

I don't know how this happens, but every time I post a photo here, there is ONE BIT OF GREEN ONION that's larger than everything else I've carefully cut for the meal, right in the center of the photo. So just ignore that one, okay?
:)

A few recent ....Tortilla pie (I love these guys ....) so many combos possible so little time ...
OpBeVYb.jpg
ow1nkqr.jpg

Sausages (Sage & Sweet Onion - SD local / yummy) with peppers and onions ....

dAyUpww.jpg

Au gratin - combo rutabaga, russet and sweet potatoes w/ onion
89z7PJ7.jpg

First seafood dish prepared for my grand parents in cape Breton. Funny thing is I had to use Pacific Salmon as no frills isn't exactly the world's finest fish monger.

3IsCelC.jpg

Fairly basic dish, Salmon with a cilantro,lime and wasabi gremalata, quinoa citrus salad, wasabi beurre blanc and some sauteed Bok Choy with fresh cilantro and shallot to get some greenery on the plate.

Back