Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cultured butter, sourdough shokupan. Finally got the rise I wanted out of it.

Attachments

• 70795277610__42715768-0877-4AEA-B3A8-9D4C44C5B3D9.jpeg
    70795277610__42715768-0877-4AEA-B3A8-9D4C44C5B3D9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3931.jpeg
    IMG_3931.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I made Lars pizza dough recipe and it is good. My problem is I drank a bottle wine before I cooked out on my smoker at 700 degrees. I have a picture of the first pizza. I managed to drop the second pizza and my pizza stone has melted cheese all over it. It is a mess. The margarita pizza is the one I dropped. It tasted OK. I will try to do better next time. The first pizza is mushroom, onion, and pepperoni with grated mozzarella cheese with a little red peeper sprinkled on. They cooked in 4 minutes on my hot smoker.

I need to figure out how to clean my pizza stone. Not sure how to get the cheese off and make it non-stick again.

IMG_1306.jpg

Last edited:
I put the first one on perfect with my wood paddle. The second one slid off and folded up. The fire was so hot I did not have time to fix it before the cheese melted on the stone. The mozzarella cheese balls instantly melted on the hot pizza stone. I tried to clean the cheese off, but the heat was melting the hairs on my hand.

I think everybody should try drop pizza.

IMG_1308 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I think everybody should try drop pizza.
I'll put it on my very long TODO list ;)

My commiserations. I guess there is no such thing as improvement without making the odd mistake along the way. I've messed up a few breads in my day. It's all part of the learning experience.

Picked up a few chefs presses and put them to work searing ribeyes. Turned out pretty good. Have really enjoyed them for grilled cheese sandwiches too. They’re compact and can go in the dishwasher, so that helps keep the wife happy too.

View attachment 247737
View attachment 247738

View attachment 247739

Chef's Presses are awesome and exactly the right tool for the intended purpose. I always have a couple within reach of the stove.

I have been using a slotted SS pan for stir frying on the grill for years. And. I. Hate. It. It won't season and everything sticks to it and then chars. A while back I discovered that OXO has a line of pre seasoned carbon steel pans. One of them is a 12 inch outdoor skillet. I bought one and tried it out yesterday, (after one round of seasoning at home). Nothing stuck and I am very happy with the pan. I cooked chicken and steak with asparagus, peppers, and onions with a brown sauce as a marinade.

20230609_175137[1].jpg
20230609_180847[1].jpg

After cleaning:
20230609_192641[1].jpg

And BTW - I don't recommend trying to make fried rice in this pan. :p

Pizza made with dough leftover from Fridays session (that went with far too much great Italian wine my audio mates brought to make pictures, revived with some fresh flour and proofing after being frozen for a day.

Still looking like ****, yet the dough IS proofing with the new yeast, spectacular taste!
I am in LOVE with the oven!

Attachments

• 20230611_180220.jpg
    20230611_180220.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Back