Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very basic costco wagyu burger - nice crust, cheese, coasted roll and pickles

dRPr0br.jpg

F7yQxTo.jpg

That pulled pork looks insane. I’m all about toppings and condiments

Thank you! We do, too. I did a quick dijon and apple cider vinegar slaw with ground celery seeds The rest is pretty obvious, hehe. I also like a homemade honey mustard on BBQ. Not a big fan of traditional BBQ sauce, aside from on ribs.

The knife test bento 1)thin slice beef, french onions, cut potatos for Nikujaga 2)mince pork, dice cabbage and super tiny shallots and garlic for Pot sticker 3)shread lettuce and then thin slice smoked duck for salad 4)cut pomelo 5)take grapes off vine using the light reflecting off the knife edge, if it dosent work use hands then claim knife not sharp enough and break out the stones

@DamageInc I tend to trust pizza dough recipes that go for plenty of gluten (bread flour) and oil rather than suggest esoteric pizzeria-grade flours which will yield a disappointing result in a home oven.

@DamageInc I tend to trust pizza dough recipes that go for plenty of gluten (bread flour) and oil rather than suggest esoteric pizzeria-grade flours which will yield a disappointing result in a home oven.

I tend to just use whatever tipo 00 flour I can get in the local supermarket. If I can't get tipo 00, I just use a good quality finely ground danish wheat flour.

I think porchetta last night...First time. bad butchering and piece was pretty thin. I wanted 2.5" and it was maybe 1.75. Turned out so yum yum though.

I had harder time removing skin cleanly and it ended up being short to completely cover it. It also shrank a bit much in oven. I'll do better next time :)

K32bsC0.jpg

Gz3WfZi.jpg

Ja9T32E.jpg

Went camping last weekend. Wish I took more pics, but it was a carnivour's dream.
V8vNcZa.jpg

h5ViBYm.jpg

It was a slab a few days ago but I forgot to take a pic of that. And this piece of belly had way more fat than meat so to make myself feel a tad healthy I decided to have small portions...

I think porchetta last night...First time. bad butchering and piece was pretty thin. I wanted 2.5" and it was maybe 1.75. Turned out so yum yum though.

I had harder time removing skin cleanly and it ended up being short to completely cover it. It also shrank a bit much in oven. I'll do better next time :)

K32bsC0.jpg

Gz3WfZi.jpg

Ja9T32E.jpg

What did you use to cut through the crackling? The few times I used a gyuto I would always find chips after:angry1:

Last night's Spatchcock Chicken. Sichuan/Xinjiang inspired dry rub of Sichuan pepper, dried chillies, salt, cumin, five spice.

AdWZ8Kp.jpg

NY8G30P.jpg

a5IAgDS.jpg

h764XpP.jpg

2srVAJc.jpg

2u54lzG.jpg

Damm... i know what im making with my chicken over the weekend... looks fantastic!

You certainly inspired me -- for which I'm grateful. Just finished eating almost half of my freshly made spatchcocked chicken (though with a somewhat different spice mixture, including turmeric, but without five spices). Thank you.

Back