Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for a photo today and ran across these two I thought some here might enjoy.

The first is a pizza cooked on my Weber charcoal grill using charcoal and small wood splits to raise the temp well over 700* F. The charcoal/wood flavor really adds to the flavor.
The second is one of two simple boules I made to take to a party. I normally don't add sesame seeds, but did this time just for looks. KKF does not like the bread - I can't get the colors right...

CM7I6480.jpg

CM7I6647-.jpg

Attachments

• CM7I6647.jpg
    CM7I6647.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 64
  • CM7I6647c.jpg
    CM7I6647c.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 52
Something is coming.... Something delicious is on its way....

UGA6QRd.jpg

Updating preview Wednesday.... Waiting is the hardest part.

qvXPrbK.jpg

Made carrot cake for my grandma, Bruno Albouze recupe, contains 1l reduced carrot juice and 300 grm walnuts, I added some Persian advieh, the carrot and walnut was poached in cinnamon, cardamon, black pepper and Orange zest. The sauce is a reduced carrot juice, Dulce de leche, vanilla and cinnamon. Definately the best carrot cake I've had in a while. Sorry for the ****** pic, grandpa was giving me weird looks lol.

Beautiful stuff there RonB ... don't happen to have a 'crumb' shot do ya? Love the tinge on the peperoni - just perfect ...

I was looking for a photo today and ran across these two I thought some here might enjoy.

The first is a pizza cooked on my Weber charcoal grill using charcoal and small wood splits to raise the temp well over 700* F. The charcoal/wood flavor really adds to the flavor.
The second is one of two simple boules I made to take to a party. I normally don't add sesame seeds, but did this time just for looks. KKF does not like the bread - I can't get the colors right...

View attachment 39487

View attachment 39490

Sorry @MontezumaBoy - I don't normally take photos of hot food I am getting ready to eat - I like it hot. :hungry:
And the boules were for a party, so I did not cut them until I got there, (and I just saw someone who was at the party, and she asked me when I was going to bring bead again).

Made carrot cake for my grandma, Bruno Albouze recupe, contains 1l reduced carrot juice and 300 grm walnuts, I added some Persian advieh, the carrot and walnut was poached in cinnamon, cardamon, black pepper and Orange zest. The sauce is a reduced carrot juice, Dulce de leche, vanilla and cinnamon. Definately the best carrot cake I've had in a while. Sorry for the ****** pic, grandpa was giving me weird looks lol.

This looks immaculate! Thanks for posting and for crediting the recipe. I have a friend in my life that eats carrot cake every day. I am making this for him over the weekend (maybe one for myself too!)

IMG_20180528_194430-01.jpg

Excuse the presentation and the photo please, this is just an after-work snack I whipped up when I got in the door.

A kind of... scallop dengaku - seared scallops with a sake-miso zabaione. Worked a ton of air into the zabaione, dressed the scallops and threw them under the broiler quickly. Outside crusted over nicely, inside was rich and custardy.

I made what we in Denmark call Parisian Steak. Minced some of the Finnish beef and made 300g patties. Fried medium and served on toasted dark rye bread with dijonnaise, shallots, capers, pickled beetroot, pickled cucumber, horseradish, and egg yolk. Had a glass of a really nice beer to go with it, namely Tripel Karmeliet.

a4fe63dc8da2ea14f298.png

111937e60cc63e9d4d15.png

It's a Gense Old Farmer steak knife..

The meal was cold potato salad with a chicken thigh..

Lars

Lyder fandme godt. Bliver aldrig træt af nye kartofler i kartoffelsalat.

Breakfast of champions Oeufs aux herbes provençales, comté et crème fraîche.

JnzepgL.jpg

Lots of sushi lately. Getting better at it and found some good fish to work with. The browner rice is using akasu vinegar. Sorry for the intensely sized photos.

RoEiZQZ.jpg

buri nigiri

VsaHsN3.jpg

buri nigiri (leaner cut)

lrHupsf.jpg

akami nigiri (rice looks mushy here, but it is the same batch as the two above)

bc8wnz0.jpg

tai nigiri and sashimi

2YgZYY3.jpg

even more buri

QWWGsFJ.jpg

iwashi nigiri

2QreWkv.jpg

turnip greens tamagoyaki

He can't get Cheerwine in NY/NJ;)

If he can then I'm taking a roadtrip!

Back