Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My standard procedure, salt & pepper, sous vide 57c for 90 minutes, sear on hot carbon steel pan until brown, baste with thyme and garlic butter. Works every time. Ever since I discovered this free range Finnish beef, I haven't purchased any American beef, which previously was my go-to.

I haven't tried ones outside of canadian or japanese breed but i always found anything grassfed or free range is usually much better.

I haven't tried ones outside of canadian or japanese breed but i always found anything grassfed or free range is usually much better.
The most expensive cut my butcher has is the 21 day dry aged free range grass fed Finnish wagyu ribeye. Might be the best steak I've ever made at home. Not as heavily marbled as A5, but the taste just puts it on another level.

First of the season Wild Sockeye from BC; Salmon Paupiette/Sage butter/Cauliflower Puree
Who ever said sink bridge is only for stones !?
_20180801_091734.jpeg
MOV_0468_000058.jpeg
_20180801_091947.jpeg

My friend brought her 18" non-stick aluminum paella pan and wanted me to try it. it's pretty thick, prob 5mm and I used it on my large burger. Only had to go do medium and it actually worked out very well. No burn, good soccarat. Much easier cleanup. Not sure if I am a convert yet, but def interesting.

paella1.JPG

paella2.JPG

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

Koji rubbed tomahawk ribeye steak and ZK custom 52100 chef knife [emoji380] thanks to @jknifeimports for the regrind/polish, @schroederknifeworks for the rehandle, @bobkramerknives for allowing your design to be used by Zwilling [emoji120]
I seasoned with salt & pepper then basted with rendered lard, and pan-seared in my largest Lodge CI skillet (its fk’n HUGE the cutting board is 16”x22”). I shoulda let it come up to temp a bit longer as I wish it was cooked just a bit more… maybe it’s time to get into sous-vide

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

Koji rubbed double bone-in pork chop sliced with Takamura Uchigumo Sujihiki
Turned out delicious simply seasoned with salt & pepper and pan-seared in Demeyere Atlantis/ProLine frypan, although the koji was removed I think it helped make a nice crust!

Dang, that bone in Ribeye is making me hungry, among other things.

Being a fat lazy bastard, I made fried chicken in my pyjamas and ate it on the couch while watching Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy for the tenth time.

IMG_20180806_194103.jpg
IMG_20180806_194100.jpg
IMG_20180806_194054.jpg
IMG_20180806_194044.jpg
IMG_20180806_194037.jpg
IMG_20180806_194029.jpg

I had some boneless chicken thighs, and I decided to make a semi jerk chicken. Salted and added jerk spice blend. Mixed it well, dipped in flower and fried it. Then removed it, added onions cooked for 20 min with a bit of water (to loosen up the fond), once it evaporated, I added chicken stock and chicken back and let it slowly cook for 30 min. Then removed lid and reduced sauce and reasoned and added sour cream at the end. I had some french baguette left over.. oh my!

jerk-chicken.JPG

jerk-chicken1.JPG

A lot of talk about CCK, time for some Cantonese cooking!
_20180822_164223.jpeg

This is called 梅菜扣肉 , basically its a pork belly (skin on) confit with preserved mustard greens. It is the most popular way pork belly is served in Canton area.

Wow, I haven't seen any which are so purple inside. They look amazing. How do they taste Compared to white or gold sweet potato? Sweet potato is sometimes said to be the secret behind Okinawan longjevity but I'm not sure how evidence based this assertion is.

453E7203-C96F-4DC0-A9F0-079A60849541.jpeg
E675A8EB-F7FE-4490-A615-C005CF5F0C75.jpeg
1E8097E9-DFCB-4B8C-A742-EE4951A84A4C.jpeg
Annual cookout at work.

Smoked St. Louis ribs, wrapped until tender. When it was showtime, I sauced and caramelized the ribs in a hot kettle grill.

Whole packer briskets smoked, sliced, and trays reheated in hot kettle grill.

Grilled corn tossed with garlic chive butter.

Wow, I haven't seen any which are so purple inside. They look amazing. How do they taste Compared to white or gold sweet potato? Sweet potato is sometimes said to be the secret behind Okinawan longjevity but I'm not sure how evidence based this assertion is.
They are super creamy and smooth, very very sweet, so sweet I just steam them. If you roast them they taste like candy!

okinawan potatoes are the best tasting potatoes, if you ever see them, be sure to snatch it up!! they're hella wholesome and sweet and just pure deliciousness. i like them roasted plain with just salt, no other toppings necessary.

Back