Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4112.jpg

Cabbage delight, with lingonberries.

I'm still practicing for this years christmas lunch, so this was my dinner today.

Homemade sour dough rye bread, pickled herring and curry dressing.
IMG_0259.jpg

Sylte(danish traditional head cheese) with mustard and pickled beet root.
IMG_0262.jpg

Leverpostej(baked ground pigs liver) again with beet root.
IMG_0263.jpg

I'm still practicing for this years christmas lunch, so this was my dinner today.

Homemade sour dough rye bread, pickled herring and curry dressing.
View attachment 66866
Sylte(danish traditional head cheese) with mustard and pickled beet root.
View attachment 66867
Leverpostej(baked ground pigs liver) again with beet root.
View attachment 66868
I have pickled beets i have herring and i can get pork liver. All i need is the pork liver recipe (and an invitation :))
Thanks

I have pickled beets i have herring and i can get pork liver. All i need is the pork liver recipe (and an invitation :))
Thanks
I’m a little tipsy from the beer and snaps i had along with the meal, but I will write up a recipe for leverpostej tomorrow.

Karaage a la Adam Liaw
I've used his recipe to make chicken karaage a few times now. Comes out perfectly each and every time. In fact, it's better than what I can get at the majority of Japanese restaurants in Brisbane. Highly recommended!

Chamber vacuum, eh? That's dedication to the cause!

I would love to have one of those, except that I don't want to devote the bench space to it, and the cupboards are full :(

I just noticed your parrot. Is this a common Australian thing? I know you and Kippington aren't necessarily representative of your country, but you're the only people with parrots I know. :)

I just noticed your parrot. Is this a common Australian thing?
Well, lots of people have pet parrots. I used to have one, too, but mine died eventually and I never got another one.

The profile photo was taken at Springbrook national park, where there are lots of parrots that are really tame because people feed them. So, the parrot is coincidental—I just happen to like the photo :)

Last edited:
My son told me I have to share this with the uncles. He had a Xmas party at school and he wanted to make something for everyone, so he got up early and made his favourite Mac and Cheese from scratch for his classmates.
DSC_4904.jpeg

I told him its customary to include his knife in the photo whenever possible.

My son told me I have to share this with the uncles. He had a Xmas party at school and he wanted to make something for everyone, so he got up early and made his favourite Mac and Cheese from scratch for his classmates.View attachment 67050

That made my day, thank you both.

My son told me I have to share this with the uncles. He had a Xmas party at school and he wanted to make something for everyone, so he got up early and made his favourite Mac and Cheese from scratch for his classmates.View attachment 67050

Great!

Time to buy him a proper knife! When my boys were of that age I contacted Heiji to make them Nakiri. I asked him to round the heel and not sharpen it to max. As a bonus he also engraved their names. Now they both have knife for life!

Edit: there was also a third one for my niece

Great!

Time to buy him a proper knife! When my boys were of that age I contacted Heiji to make them Nakiri. I asked him to round the heel and not sharpen it to max. As a bonus he also engraved their names. Now they both have knife for life!

Edit: there was also a third one for my niece
F me they got their own Heijis at 6 yrs old !? Must have some good skill by now!

Back