Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade Cheese ravioli and asparagus puree with a splash of yuzu juice.

Panna cotta with strawberry compote and bruleed strawberries, and 2nd one is candied lemon and lemon syrup. Im baking/pastry challenged so these turned out nicely.

And my quick ugly delicious breakfast, microwaved spicy shin ramen cup noodles
Especially like the last one 😋

Beer bread. Made with English double stout and rolled rye flakes.
IMG_3650.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

Taste beery?
Hmmm… Not really. You would never tell that beer was involved by just tasting the bread. But the beer definitely makes a difference. There are notes of bitterness and malt in there that, otherwise, you just wouldn't find.

The best way I can describe it is that the beer adds more body to the bread. If you like rye bread, you will like this, I think.

Last edited:
What is in it? Looks good!

On top is lamb ragu with tomatoes.

The base: mushed eggplants that are first baked in the oven, or on gas burner. You put them in bechamel sauce together with some parmigiano

Homemade Cheese ravioli and asparagus puree with a splash of yuzu juice.

Panna cotta with strawberry compote and bruleed strawberries, and 2nd one is candied lemon and lemon syrup. Im baking/pastry challenged so these turned out nicely.

And my quick ugly delicious breakfast, microwaved spicy shin ramen cup noodles

Man, that is.. I'm speechless!
I am without speech.

Man, that is.. I'm speechless!
I am without speech.

Thank you!

Tried another thing, Japanese Cheesecake. Same sauces as before, strawberry compote and lemon syurp+candied lemons. Plus playing with leftovers

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_211416_536.jpg
    IMG_20200503_211416_536.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200503_211556_120.jpg
    IMG_20200503_211556_120.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200503_212631.jpg
    20200503_212631.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 7
I have been experimenting with pasta shapes, trying to find one that's best for Bolognese.
That pasta looks great!

One of my favourites for Bolognese sauce are rigatoni. Rigatoni have a robust character, which goes well with the sauce, I think.

I have been experimenting with pasta shapes, trying to find one that's best for Bolognese. This one seems to be good, but I am somewhat on the fence... I am kinda picky about pasta shapes and I don't know why.

I find that Rotini or Fusilli are very versatile. I use those shapes for most things now.

Back