Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pizza and Pasta night
DSC_6173.JPG
DSC_6174.JPG
DSC_6176.JPG
DSC_6183.JPG
DSC_6184.JPG

After trying to roll out the first pasta by hand I have a new found appreciation for Nona(s) that do this by hand. Went back to the machine for the second batch

I hate to be showing off the same dish again, but it really is a wife favorite, and I really upped my game with the stock.
Used yellow and regular carrots, potatoes, celery, celery root, onions, garlic, parsley root, maggie tomatoes and celtuce, which I found rather interesting. As a bonus, kids loved the soft veggies!

Rissotto alla Milanese, and the stock after some drainage.IMG_20200512_220758.jpgIMG_20200512_211445.jpg

Just checked my calendar for tomorrow. I have 1.5h free around lunch time. Now I just do not know if I will make Lars's lentil soup or Rotem's risotto milanese. Thinking about ingredients I have at home, risotto can be 100% true (perhaps just mix some beef stock with chicken}, for lentils soup I would need to substitute lardons for panceta, beef stock for chicken stock, frozen celery for fresh one, ordinary cabbage for savoy cabbage and coriander for parsley (or vice versa how I wrote ;)). But then again if I would add some garam masala everything would play together beautifully.

A lot of thinking to be done until tomorrow lunch time!

P.S. leaning towards the soup, risotto milanesse is s bit heavy dish and I do not have any osso buco to go with it.

Bagels 2: The Sourdough Sesame Sequel!

IMG_2073.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg

These had more loft than the first attempt. I settled more into a particular way to shape them, but there were still a few imperfect ones (see above). Little bit of a sourdough flavor, not so aggressive. Here's how I've been shaping them, for better or worse. (Actually, now that I watch the video, I'm not sure that one was super representative, but whatever.)

Just checked my calendar for tomorrow. I have 1.5h free around lunch time. Now I just do not know if I will make Lars's lentil soup or Rotem's risotto milanese. Thinking about ingredients I have at home, risotto can be 100% true (perhaps just mix some beef stock with chicken}, for lentils soup I would need to substitute lardons for panceta, beef stock for chicken stock, frozen celery for fresh one, ordinary cabbage for savoy cabbage and coriander for parsley (or vice versa how I wrote ;)). But then again if I would add some garam masala everything would play together beautifully.

A lot of thinking to be done until tomorrow lunch time!

P.S. leaning towards the soup, risotto milanesse is s bit heavy dish and I do not have any osso buco to go with it.

So at the end I went with the lentil soup. Followed the recipe with my slightly adapted ingredients. Totally at the end it took an Indian turn. I tried a spoon with some garam masala and that was it. Added 2 tea spoons in the pot immediately. On the plate I also added some coriander and lime juice.

Thanks Lars for a very good idea for this dish.

Lentil.jpg

Im.not a big fan of sous vide proteins, but love it for veggies especially farm fresh carrots
Yeah, but you have proper skills and I’m a hack. I need a crutch.

Last edited:
Yeah, but you have proper skills and I’m a hack. I need a crutch.
Try a small boneless rib roast, Make sure its tied nice and tight, make a rub with olive oil, crushed garlic, fresh rosemary and plenty of.salt and pepper. 125F x 4 hours, then hard sear all around, rest 45mins. You can sear again on cast iron once you cut it to portions (finish with brown butter) Sprinkle more.salt when serving while hot.

Back