Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. I ate pasta for dinner. But yesterday I marinated a piece of pork shoulder to make CHAR SUI. it worked. I didn’t believe it, but I was told to add fermented bean curd to the marinate. My wife is working. I’m bored to tears. Decided to bake it. It’s raining so couldn’t use my bbq grill.

it tastes legit! Like a Chinese bbq joint without the red-dye # 32.

i need to write down the recipe STAT!

727C10BA-70D9-40B8-9A36-9C10E4E159DD.jpeg

Okay. I ate pasta for dinner. But yesterday I marinated a piece of pork shoulder to make CHAR SUI. it worked. I didn’t believe it, but I was told to add fermented bean curd to the marinate. My wife is working. I’m bored to tears. Decided to bake it. It’s raining so couldn’t use my bbq grill.

View attachment 80868

Yeah, traditional cha siu has Nam Yu in it, which is a red fermented bean curd

View attachment 80868
My Bat senses heard Char Siu. One of my favorites, if not favorite. Would love to hear your process and if its evolved from the last time we had a Char Siu thread.

You only eat the fish in that dish 😁
And the veggies and broth 😋.
We also eat some of the peppers and peppercorns but definitely a minority 🤣. The four big peppers I put on top are delicious and not very hot at all, my wife ate them all 😭.

Back