Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, sorry, still tired. Schnitzel, acidic cucumber and fennel salad and nice taters. 👍🏻

Carl.. thread hyjack upcoming!! sorry. so how are things over there in SWEDEN with regards to our new favorite virus? you all created quite the discussion in the news, huh? what's the general attitude over there?

be well, friend.

Carl.. thread hyjack upcoming!! sorry. so how are things over there in SWEDEN with regards to our new favorite virus? you all created quite the discussion in the news, huh? what's the general attitude over there?

be well, friend.
Thanks! It’s hard to say. One thing that can be said with some sort of certitude is that whatever other positive and negative effect there are of the Swedish model, there seems to be a consensus (both among the public and the politicians) that the spreading of the virus among the elderly is a disaster. The virus spread very fast in residential homes resulting in many fatalities. That’s very sad, and it should have been handled differently. It’s hard to say what goes on in the hospitals - but they seem to be under a lot of stress. Too many patients, not enough med supplies and medics.
It’s harder to say anything about the public opinion regarding our very lacks restrictions. As is well known, we’ve had no lockdown. The government has appealed to everyone’s own sense of responsibility to follow the guidelines. It’s hard to teln whether this has been very succesful. I live in a heavily populated area that attract people from all over town. And the streets have been crowded. We had a few weeks during which I got the feeling that I was living in a ghost town: I thought the self-imposed quarantine was going to be the majority solution. But that didn’t last long. I’ve had fever now for 18 days in a row. It’s not unreasonable to think that I have the virus. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Thanks! It’s hard to say. One thing that can be said with some sort of certitude is that whatever other positive and negative effect there are of the Swedish model, there seems to be a consensus (both among the public and the politicians) that the spreading of the virus among the elderly is a disaster. The virus spread very fast in residential homes resulting in many fatalities. That’s very sad, and it should have been handled differently. It’s hard to say what goes on on the hospitals - but they seem to be under a lot of stress. Too many patients, not enough med supplies and medics.
It’s harder to say anything about the public opinion regarding our very lacks restrictions. As is well known, we’ve had no lockdown. The government has appealed to everyone’s own responsibility to follow the guidelines that’s been decided on. It’s hard to see whether this has been very succesful. I live in a heavily populated area that attract people from all over town. And the streets have been crowded. We had a few weeks during which I got the feeling of a ghost town: I thought the self-imposed quarantine was going to be the majority solution. But that didn’t last long. I’ve had fever now for 18 days in a row. It’s not unreasonable to think that I have the virus. We’ll see.
Whatever you have caught, I hope you get better soon! Take care of yourself.

20200529_190129.jpg

Have a fondant potato! They're cooked in duck fat and duck stock, and MOSTLY BEIGE!

You must have a different McDonald's in Philadelphia than we have in Ohio. The breakfast burritos I get don't look nearly that good! What all is in them?

chipotle braised pork, black bean purée, soft scrAmbled eggs, and Monterey Jack chz, part of the to go brunch menu for the weekend:p

Thanks! It’s hard to say. One thing that can be said with some sort of certitude is that whatever other positive and negative effect there are of the Swedish model, there seems to be a consensus (both among the public and the politicians) that the spreading of the virus among the elderly is a disaster. The virus spread very fast in residential homes resulting in many fatalities. That’s very sad, and it should have been handled differently. It’s hard to say what goes on in the hospitals - but they seem to be under a lot of stress. Too many patients, not enough med supplies and medics.
It’s harder to say anything about the public opinion regarding our very lacks restrictions. As is well known, we’ve had no lockdown. The government has appealed to everyone’s own sense of responsibility to follow the guidelines. It’s hard to teln whether this has been very succesful. I live in a heavily populated area that attract people from all over town. And the streets have been crowded. We had a few weeks during which I got the feeling that I was living in a ghost town: I thought the self-imposed quarantine was going to be the majority solution. But that didn’t last long. I’ve had fever now for 18 days in a row. It’s not unreasonable to think that I have the virus. We’ll see.
I hope you feel better soon!

My son's favorite dessert, by far, is a fruit tart. So I taught him how to make one. Plenty of instruction, but the mint is his own innovation, and he did about 90% of this by himself, including laying and glazing the fruit (which we had to stretch a bit).

1590975618594.png

Back