Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0709201229.jpg

Fleischsalat

Looks great please explain
Chilli Goma ramen. Bought the basic kit of broth and noodles from my favorite ramen shop (they currently make 75 kits per day and sell out in under 3 min for the week). Both their broth and their noodles are amazing, I'm missing their black tonkotsu ramen (not making it for the take out kits).

Then added the toppings, soft boiled egg, black garlic puree, chilli oils with strong sesame taste bias, green onions, sesame seeds, and the pork mince with black ear mushroom.

Isn’t putting pineapple on pizza punishable with a prison term in some places? ;)

Most definitely. But the little wardens demand it. :) Typically we do a kid pizza and an adult pizza. But we were cleaning out the fridge, so 1 pizza it was.

Do pineapple + crumbled bacon. The saltiness of the bacon offsets the sweet. Just had one like that last night.
Saw a video where a guy did one with fresh pineapple and spicy capocolla (sp?). I've never had capocolla, but its on the list. And I keep forgetting I have mikes hot honey available.

@Michi found some more Penal Colony citizens
Ah, yes. Criminals, the lot of them!

In Italy, pineapple on pizza is a definite no-no. Or, at least, it used to be, back in the good old 70s and in the 90s, when I spent a fair bit of time there. But, who knows, by now, the Italians might have their own version of the smashed avocado on toast crowd, except that, for them, it's the pineapple on pizza crowd… ;)

Last edited:
Doing tonic water the old fashioned way:
IMG_3765.JPG

IMG_3766.JPG

Once cooked, filtering the syrup is a real pain. Takes a long time and probably two dozen coffee filters before it is reasonably clear.
IMG_3768.jpg

But the tonic water is in a league of its own. Definitely way more interesting than the Schweppes stuff in a bottle:
IMG_3770.jpg

Last edited:
Man, what’s up with the pineapple hate? That **** is good. Sweet + spicy + salty + acidic (pineapple, bacon or pepperoni, red sauce), it’s like a pizza satisfying the Thai flavor commandments!

Back