Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My inlaws came over for dinner, they complain that I always post pasta on my fb but they never get to try it.

So I made some pretty nice duck egg pasta with local duck eggs
DSC_7162.JPG

DSC_7245.JPG
DSC_7246.JPG

Turned out to be too tough for my $15 pasta machine I bought some 20 yrs ago, which meant I had to hand sheet and cut some mean dough (cutter worked but my wife wanted to "fix" the machine, so she takes the whole thing apart)

DSC_7249.JPG

Roasted chicken, summer veg with hummus
DSC_7250.JPG

Some random red sauce pastas
DSC_7251.JPG

"1 min Bolognese" made with hand mince fillet
DSC_7253.JPG

Carbonara with basil flowers
DSC_7255.JPG

Shrimp in rosè sauce

My inlaws came over for dinner, they complain that I always post pasta on my fb but they never get to try it.

So I made some pretty nice duck egg pasta with local duck eggs View attachment 87022
View attachment 87015View attachment 87016

Turned out to be too tough for my $15 pasta machine I bought some 20 yrs ago, which meant I had to hand sheet and cut some mean dough (cutter worked but my wife wanted to "fix" the machine, so she takes the whole thing apart)

View attachment 87017
Roasted chicken, summer veg with hummus
View attachment 87018
Some random red sauce pastas
View attachment 87019
"1 min Bolognese" made with hand mince fillet
View attachment 87020
Carbonara with basil flowers
View attachment 87021
Shrimp in rosè sauce
Care to share recipe for the rose' sauce?

Simple Cantonese food

DSC_7319.JPG

Zucchini and red pepper stir fry
DSC_7317.JPG

Steamed egg custard
DSC_7318.JPG

Boiled Shrimp
DSC_7315.JPG

Baby bak choy with Abalone sauce
DSC_7316.JPG

Always served with white rice (Koshihikari)
DSC_7323.JPG

Classic chinese dessert: Walnut sweet soup 核桃糊
DSC_7325.JPG

Watermelon is very in season
DSC_7330.JPG

Cupcakes (wife bought them) Because Ive been married 8 years to an awesome women who has survived me, childbirth and cancer thus far. What a trooper.

Boiled Shrimp
When I lived in Hong Kong we'd boat to Lamma Island on the weekends and eat pounds of those boiled shrimp dipped in soy sauce with sliced chilis...so simple and good!! Never tasted as good at a regular restaurant...

Back