Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowl of chickpeas stew

IMG_20200804_213609.jpg

Dinner (only meal of the day)

300g Umami burger patty on an onion chaffle drizzled with kewpie mayonnaise, topped with melted monterey jack cheese, market-sourced bacon and free-range egg, with bacon-fat fried grape tomatoes, onion and swiss brown mushrooms on the side.

XH1A4379.jpg

飛鳥鍋 (あすかなべ) Asuka Nabe is a nabe that originated in Nara prefecture, Japan, aprox. 1400 years ago. The story goes that it was the time Buddhist monks went to Japan to spread Buddhism during the Tang dynasty, and this dish was created to make sure the monks stayed warm and had enough nutrition over winter. Normally a winter dish, but I had so many good local vegetables this week.
DSC_7730.JPG

Cabbage, carrot, potato, tofu, shimeji mushrooms, baby leeks, lotus root.
DSC_7731.JPG

Chicken and pork marinated in sake and miso
DSC_7732.JPG
DSC_7734.JPG

Finish with handmade udon
DSC_7733.JPG

DSC_7735.JPG

Can't beat a crazy good ripe local cantaloupe

Last edited:
View attachment 89413View attachment 89414
Hard boiled egg and rice.
Dog has liver malfunction and is limited to this.
Doggie bento
I used to make a scrambled egg in my little cast iron every morning and evening for our dog. Only way a.) get him to eat it fast enough before the cats came, b.) was easier on his system as he aged. He passed 1.5yrs ago, but that pan is the only one that to this day a.) never leaves the stove top, b) is used for scrambled eggs.

Never had steak like this before. Nam Tok(Thai Waterfall Beef salad) with sticky rice and green beans.
You grill a marinated(I used soy and black pepper) steak over charcoal, slice it and mix with shallots, green onions, toasted rice powder, coriander, mint, chili flakes, fish sauce and lime juice.
Also my first time eating sticky rice and I have clearly been missing out. Yummy.
View attachment 87710

Yess, this is some of the my favorite Thai cookery. So flavorful and bright. Strikingly similar ingredients to larb gai. You forgot your thai chilies though!

飛鳥鍋 (あすかなべ) Asuka Nabe is a nabe that originated in Nara prefecture, Japan, aprox. 1400 years ago. The story goes that it was the time Buddhist monks went to Japan to spread Buddhism during the Tang dynasty, and this dish was created to make sure the monks stayed warm and had enough nutrition over winter. Normally a winter dish, but I had so many good local vegetables this week.View attachment 89378
Cabbage, carrot, potato, tofu, shimeji mushrooms, baby leeks, lotus root.
View attachment 89379
Chicken and pork marinated in sake and miso
View attachment 89380View attachment 89381
Finish with handmade udon
View attachment 89382
View attachment 89383
Can't beat a crazy good ripe local cantaloupe
this might be my favorite meal posted in this thread so far

Yess, this is some of the my favorite Thai cookery. So flavorful and bright. Strikingly similar ingredients to larb gai. You forgot your thai chilies though!
Thanks, Danzo. It really was delicious. And something I will make again for sure.
I made chili flakes in a food processor with dry roasted dried thai chilies. Here is the recipe I used.

I made chili flakes in a food processor with dry roasted dried thai chilies. Here is the recipe I used.

You can't lose with Mark Wiens!

At first I couldn't stand him bc of that face he makes when he eats, but then you see that he is authentic and his content is A+

Out of work cook now trying to serve lunch boxes. This all goes into a “bento”. But I had to plate it nice for the gram

8F7D445F-1413-46A9-BBCD-7C53F905D382.jpeg

F734DAF1-FCF3-479A-A283-2EBBE6B40852.jpeg

Fried chicken w homemade lacto ferment hot sauce
Blistered shishitos
Soy & palm sugar cured ramen egg
Adobo glazed pork belly
Tomato & cucumber fish sauce dressed salad
Garlic confit fried rice

Back