Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0813201017.jpg

Hokkaido Kombu !

This dish of Spaghetti with Rocket and Ricotta from the danish chefs Kirk+Maabjerg has 150g of rocket per serving.
That could easily make a salad for four, but it totally works and is very delicious.
View attachment 90304

Edit: here is the recipe

Looks great! Is it basically a take on like an arugula pesto/pistou? I see some near the bottom right of the photo that looks chopped and wilted, the rest seems pretty integrated into the sauce. Trying to figure out the recipe here. I've got so many greens in the fridge that need using . . . could probably do a version of this with kale. Pls help lol.

Looks great! Is it basically a take on like an arugula pesto/pistou? I see some near the bottom right of the photo that looks chopped and wilted, the rest seems pretty integrated into the sauce. Trying to figure out the recipe here. I've got so many greens in the fridge that need using . . . could probably do a version of this with kale. Pls help lol.
Thanks, I posted the recipe here.

Salt concentration was more than i use so that was not the problem. Original article makes no mention of limiting O2. You had too much O2 exposure. Will start thread with detailed instructions later today

I do love these Australian artisan-designed-and-produced wrought iron solidteknics pans, currently sitting there obediently, waiting for lunch to be made in them.

Yes, the front one IS in the process of regaining decent seasoning after my wife stripped the old seasoning with a bunch of tomatoes...

XH1A4460.jpg

I do love these Australian artisan-designed-and-produced wrought iron solidteknics pans

😍

I have been on the edge of getting one of these for a long while now... need/want a bigger skillet. I keep ping-ponging back and forth between Lodge and Solidteknics. I really like the concept but am not mad about the aesthetic design... which... lets face it... is pretty superficial. They also do an interesting stainless range...

I've got a Lodge, I use it when I've run out of these. The only thing I have bad to say about the Solidteknics is the prices, they're kinda nuts, ESPECIALLY the SS range, which is why I don't have any of their SS units ;) I bought most of my seven(?) as a "leftover bits" package years ago, and they've been awesome, and they weren't too expensive buying them that way.

They've got an AU Kickstarter running for another couple of days (I grabbed a couple of the 26cm pans as I often wish I had more of that size) and it's the cheapest way to grab one to see if you like them or not. (They use kickstarted a LOT to launch new designs and so on. They have also started manufacturing in the US, so they have KS for them as well, IIRC.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...stralian-made?ref=discovery&term=solidteknics

Last edited:
😍

I have been on the edge of getting one of these for a long while now... need/want a bigger skillet. I keep ping-ponging back and forth between Lodge and Solidteknics. I really like the concept but am not mad about the aesthetic design... which... lets face it... is pretty superficial. They also do an interesting stainless range...

Have a look at DARTO.

https://www.dartointernational.com/
I personnally have a Sping USA Blackline carbon steel pan that I really like.

https://springusa.com/professional-cookware/blackline

Back