Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0814201953.jpg

Zucchini round brushed with beef fat and grilled. Brown butter tri color cous cous.

13 + quarts of fire roasted salsa made from home grown sweet corn, tomatoes, sweet yellow onions and chilis. Roasting the veges on the BBQ grill got put on hold in middle of process for a couple of hours due to huge T storms, tornadoes & rain but there was an awesome rainbow and lots of salsa afterwards.

20200814_185131.jpg

20200814_185409.jpg

20200814_191650.jpg

20200815_083055.jpg

20200814_201629.jpg

Sante fe, Anaheim, Serrano, Poblano chilis. Kashima Sanjo 180 nakiri, Kashima yoshikane gyuto. Loved using a thin razor sharp knife that just walks through dicing squishy, slippery roasted onions without them trying to slip away.

Last edited:
I've got a Lodge, I use it when I've run out of these. The only thing I have bad to say about the Solidteknics is the prices, they're kinda nuts, ESPECIALLY the SS range, which is why I don't have any of their SS units ;) I bought most of my seven(?) as a "leftover bits" package years ago, and they've been awesome, and they weren't too expensive buying them that way.

They've got an AU Kickstarter running for another couple of days (I grabbed a couple of the 26cm pans as I often wish I had more of that size) and it's the cheapest way to grab one to see if you like them or not. (They use kickstarted a LOT to launch new designs and so on. They have also started manufacturing in the US, so they have KS for them as well, IIRC.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...stralian-made?ref=discovery&term=solidteknics
I want to visit a friend in London. He wants me to bring him a vintage American cast iron pan. I will. If I can’t find one, I’ll give him one of mine.

I can’t get into any of the new offerings, when my old-ass stuff works so well. It just has a vibe to it. I like to imagine a farm-wife searing deer steaks in it. :)

I do love these Australian artisan-designed-and-produced wrought iron solidteknics pans, currently sitting there obediently, waiting for lunch to be made in them.

Yes, the front one IS in the process of regaining decent seasoning after my wife stripped the old seasoning with a bunch of tomatoes...

View attachment 90437
Any closeup pics?

@DamageInc those were force majeure pickles. No one can be blamed. You will get it next time.
I'm definitely trying again.

Ahem. I seem to have missed the recipe.
No real recipe, all is by eye, just brown the ribs in their own fat, add some spring onion, garlic, and ginger, pour in rice wine, rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, and honey. Bring to a boil. Season with five spice and some chili flakes. Put in an oven at 160c for two hours or until tender and sticky.

Back