Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked a filet on the grill tonight.

20200916_185155[1].jpg

how about coincidence, I'm prepping a freestyle curry-ish dish with huge prawns, chillies, fresh green pepper corns, fresh thai basil , kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass , well that direction.

Oh man how I like that Thai Basil, use plenty and then some more....just not too little! I was so engaged in cooking I forgot to take a picture and all that is left is a single pawn in that lovely coconutty sweet and savoury basil aniseedy spicy sauce and a smitten of pak choi, sugar snaps, chinese chives, Galanga, Ginger, Garlic, soy sprouts, with some oyster sauce, some palm sugar and Pla Nam served with egg fried lice.

on a side note; it helps to be able to taste the original flavors but it's not a hard requirement IMO.
Been to Osaka and Tokio several times, and the subtlety is more nuanced than I could imagine, same in Guongzhou and Shanghai, same in Bangkok, but it's also true for all countries I visited (quite a few) and I concluded that it is an effect of finding the better places to eat!

All I ever want to eat is potatoes. They’re the reason I get up in the morning.
My wife used to be like that, indeed...

I made Japanese potato salad...
We have a REALLY excellent Japanese restaurant (errr, currently bento box takeaway) at the front of our apartment building, and my wife was musing a couple of days ago about how to get Masa to make some low-carb Japanese potato salad 🙃

Back