Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basmati rice with mushrooms and jerk chicken in cream sauce.

Attachments

• 2020-09-23 13.43.05.jpg
    2020-09-23 13.43.05.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 7
But was it leftover rice that was cooked in a rice cooker and no colander was involved? MSG?

Absolutely, everything by the book per an Uncle Roger + ultra healthy not yet in his book 😂

1, #1 Asian rice, 红国宝, cooked in rice cooker
2, rice washed before cooking
3, no colander, no MSG
4, leftover rice was used for making fried-rice
5, Ultra healthy CDM ceramic 220v rice cooker, not the typical Toxic Japanese rice cooker*

* Japanese rice cooker dominates the US market & leads in functionality. However, it’s most often made with Teflon (PTFE) coated non-stick Aluminum pot, plus aluminum vent lid. Both Aluminum, Teflon coating & chemicals used to adhere the coating are potentially toxic, especially when scratched & over hearted. There’s some cheaper version made with stainless pot but tends to splash everywhere.

Don't know who Uncle Roger is, but it sounds like he won't appreciate my fried rice with salmon and furikake
View attachment 95994
As long as no colander was used and a wok was used, you're ok. Lots of leeway if MSG is used. But the colander thing is non-negotiable.

David chang did a talk at MAD on msg i am to lazy to post a link but it is worth the watch. Plus he uses bentons bacon in ramen broth!
Will have to look it up, my East Village apartment was just a couple blocks from Momofuku, used to go there during early days when he was behind the counter slinging bowls of ramen.

I’ve never bought straight msg—but use products that contain it, like oyster sauce, lao gan ma, etc.

I second this. I can't cook with soy, maggi (the one from France, Germany, or Switzerland) and 3 types of fish sauce. Actually, I'm not 100% sure these products contain MSG. They are just delicious so I assume there is MSG in it.

Back