Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you and the wife both take an early Friday and...well... You realize you better freakin' eat something.

Gourmet can be relative! That used to be like four potatoes and eight eggs...

I absolutely love my Matfer Bourgeat 101/4" pan.

:D

QsGSxhu.jpg

And a small grab of a tasting menu I did some time ago. Tomatoe and berry salad with a clear tomato broth. Partridge two ways with a poultry glace and a poached pear with a soy honey cold glaze with some sweet goat yoghurt! Had a few more courses but that would be way too many pics ;-)
edb5b351-377a-4661-aaf7-40b7692d7433.JPG
bf01d873-82e9-4470-9110-9781bdcd6dfb.JPG
7c183373-ebf4-44a1-9c69-bc348825188c.JPG

Love the ceramics too, do you care to share the source for the frst two bowls/dishes (I'm a a sucker for dishes served in accompanying ceramics so we have a small collection)

I know, though I have a card, I THOUGHT I recognized them from there!

We have similar stuff but I like the unevenness of this bowls, usually I try to get the thinner ceramics which Hanos usually does not carry (somehow the thinner the more expensive it gets...). Have some Serax that looks a lot like this that is nice. Will go look see there next week.

One problem with Hanos, lately they turned into much more of a low end supplier AND I pick up so much stuff it gets really expensive real fast :fridge:

I know, though I have a card, I THOUGHT I recognized them from there!

We have similar stuff but I like the unevenness of this bowls, usually I try to get the thinner ceramics which Hanos usually does not carry (somehow the thinner the more expensive it gets...). Have some Serax that looks a lot like this that is nice. Will go look see there next week.

One problem with Hanos, lately they turned into much more of a low end supplier AND I pick up so much stuff it gets really expensive real fast :fridge:
Always dangerous to go their for private shopping ahahaha always spend way more than planned oops

Beef and Guinness beef stew by the almighty Chef John over at Food Wishes. Made on beef chuck, but it’s even better with beef cheeks. While this is not as fancy looking as some of the other amazing dishes posted here, I think this is my favorite stew.

B1E556AD-9D46-4989-9BB8-303E2D7CE99F.jpeg

Every once in a while, for me, anyway, super crispy Southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and soulful green beans becomes mandatory. I did petition some international assistance, as the heat in the chicken marinade was provided by ground Kashmiri pepper, and the beans were flavored with crisped guanciale rather than ham hocks.

IMG_1027.jpg

Last edited:
My Muslim and Jewish friends complained about my ramen looks great but they can't eat it.

So ... Beef Tantanmen, the ramen noodles just didnt taste right in beef broth, so I used a 38% hyrdo/4% salt udon dough pulled pretty thin, it absorbed more broth than the ramen and works better with the all beef broth. Nuclear level spicy.

DSC_7451.JPG
DSC_7449.JPG
DSC_7455.JPG
DSC_7452.JPG

Where's my Nobel Peace prize?

Back