Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colder weather, so “baked potato” soup.

C8C17309-A348-4FF0-A591-2C081E5A8240.jpeg

What are those green herbs? Is that daikon? I want recipe of that, looks real good! Also - did you use just onion/garlic or ginger as well?

Mine is a 2:1 ratio of carrots to white radish (daikon); red onion, garlic and flat leaf parsley; seasoning included cumin seeds, ajwain, sugar, salt, rice vinegar, olive oil; heat from Japanese Shichi-mi tōgarashi. It's a popular dish throughout the former Soviet states, so seasonings vary depending on country. I've had it in Ukrainian joints, made with just carrots in vinegar, salt, sugar and a few pickling spices. Coriander leaves common, but I had none in the 'fridge.

Looks good to me. Technique trumps ingredients.

What steel is that gorgeous Takada in?

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel, high priced knives and cookware doesn't make one a better cook.

That said, the pricey Takada is in blue 1, rosewood and pakka handle.

Looking for a spectacular looking roast for a small holiday gathering? Here's a Breast of Veal stuffed with Swiss Chard.

Don't let the size throw you off, each rib really is just about one portion. The whole bottom is massive bones with almost no meat, there's a small cap of meat on top.

But oh my, it is delicious!

This would feed about six, it's a pretty cheap cut of meat too.

Anybody interested, let me know I'll put the recipe in the cookbook.
fullRoast.jpg
platter.jpg
section.jpg

Back