Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's leftover week at my house, since I have most of a duck in surplus after last nights 'proof of concept' christmas dinner.
Tonight was Thai Basil Chicken night and I think I liked it better that my usual way using fresh duck breast. Or maybe I was just craving those Thai flavors. It was delicious either way.
IMG_1383.jpg

@DitmasPork First time I see you're using a Munetoshi butcher... How do you like it?

I love it! It's a tank, feels indestructible. Needed some (still more) work on the stones. It's the kind of knife I can be casual with, not worrying much if it hits bone—use it to break down chicken; cut salami and cheese. It's a knife that's in my wheelhouse, since I respond well to rustic, kurouchi, knives. Got this from JNS, where Maxim was nice enough to flip the d-handle to lefty for me.

I used Carrots, Daikon, and just little bit of celery.
The Recipe was from my mother. She believes spring roles should include the fresh taste of spring for it to be on point, and I surely agree.
Awesome. You’ve inspired me to do something fried in the next week! I don’t have turkey, but will have a lotta leftover teriyaki chicken.

Back