Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple cured bacon.

IMG_3961.JPG

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

That’s amazing. I’ve attempted tahdig several times and always ended up burning it. What did you do?
Honestly maybe it was just dumb luck. Used a large thick s/s saucier at medium heat to set it and then added more butter and oil. Low heat with diffuser for the steaming. I’m sure it will turn out very differently next time :D

Beef stroganoff tonight. Bought some bone in ribeye, took them off the bone, made stock with the bones in a pressure cooker, then braised the meat in red wine, stock, dark soy, Worchestershire, clove, allspice with onions and garlic. After done, poured off and reduced the sauce, then slow cooked finely minced onions, garlic for 30 min, added chopped oyster mushrooms and a bit of tomato paste and parsley, cooked for 15 more min, then added the reduced sauce and heavy cream, and the meat. Meanwhile boiled some pasta (fettuccine made with the last of my tipo 00 and some AP + eggs, cut with a Dalman), stirred it into the sauce, along with some parsley leaves. Topped with parmesan and pecorino.

72117F15-A406-4F84-9DB9-0E11A3678090.jpeg

Awesome! Love seeing Chinese dishes made from thanksgiving leftovers—my family’s limited to turkey jook and turkey fried rice. Might need to steal your idea for spring rolls, brilliant!
It’s a **** quick photo but it tasted awesome: Chongqing turkey wings (didn’t buy the dried chillis for display/aroma but improvised with a light bit of chilli flake as my wife doesn’t love too much heat anyway)
1607588422849.jpeg

Back