Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrap my briskets in foil and put them in a warm oven or ice chest, no ice, as they keep cooking for an hour or so. In my younger days I would wrap in foil pour a bottle of beer and a bottle BBQ sauce in the foil and let them sit in the smoker for an extra hour. It is all good.

Oh, I use all oak wood to smoke a brisket with and I remove as much bark as I can. The bark goes in the compost pile for the garden.

Last edited:
Tori katsu with cabbage, kewpie and shungiku goma-ae.
IMG_6865.jpeg

Dipping sauce is 50/50 Bulldog Worcestershire sauce and ketchup...

Last edited:
The wife is out tonight so decided to do another fridge sweep for myself. I originally had ideas of roasted roasted vegetables with butter and going from there but as I pulled things out, stir fry took over.

The shrimp were the remnants of a frozen bag that needed to be used up. I thought there was only four or five but I was wrong. Gee, what a terrible mistake! :p The carrot chunks in the upper left are for my dog. He loves them!

Quick stir fry sauce of soy, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and a some honey.

ssLkTtj.jpg

Into the trusty Matfer carbon steel pan.
NjVcNO2.jpg

qvRTo3g.jpg
So I'm not the only one who makes refrig. leftovers with shrimp. 16-20 2# bags get when goes on sale at Longs for 10.00 :)

Back