Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cooler weather still. so I made chicken Gongee. Chinese home cooking 101!!

jook2.jpg

Thx Devin / amazing blade (Magnacut) ... my "plating" left a bit to be desired (more "Wedding buffet" style) but the asparagus, mixed mushies (lobster, chanterelle, hon-shimeji) and simply dressed tomato were really special ... splash of some very yummy/old balsamic that I use for this sort of thing ... ribeye was reverse seared finished with a Searzall ...

IMG_6194.JPG
IMG_6198.JPG

My wife made her great jalapeno cornbread for lunch today. I threw in a half of a cabbage head in my new copper core sauté pan with some butter, salt and pepper at the same time as my wife cooked her cornbread. We are having pinto beans, cabbage and jalapeno cornbread for lunch.

The corn meal is from our local Barton Springs mill in Texas where we took our pasta making class.

IMG_0496.jpg

Last edited:
This is a dish inspired by Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, for those of you who remember the Spaghetti Westerns of the seventies :)

Bud Spencer style chilli con carne. (More like carne con chilli, to be honest :) ) Made with smoked speck, chorizo, ground beef, four types of beans, and plenty of chilli and spices.
IMG_4436.jpg

With tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. And a few leaves of rocket, for the looks of things :)
IMG_4438.jpg

Back