Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bengali inspired Chickpea & Egg Curry. Modeled after a classic 'Dimer Dalna,' with the addition of chickpeas and potatoes.
209A6EF0-CC43-4173-8827-0D251D964DBF.jpg

That looks a lot better than any pie crust I ever made! :)
Thanks Michi, I just got sloppy in trimming the edges with a bench scraper right on the glass, realizing right as I was almost done that things could get messy when it shrinks in the oven (nextime: scissors and leave and attractive overhang!). The lattice was also a rush job as I was late getting dinner on. I still have PTSD from when my girls were tiny and **** would hit the fan when dinner wasn't on the table at 18:30. I really don't need to worry about that anymore, but I can't seem to shake it...

I will say the egg wash certainly did its job in making it golden and pretty otherwise, compensating for my ham-fistedness.

Hmmm… I'm still not convinced. I did a few searches, and they mention scurvy, lack of fiber, and elevated cholesterol. Here is just one article I found; there are quite a few more.

https://www.sciencealert.com/someth...-palaeo-keto-health-cancer-vitamins-nutrients
The scurvy problem is real, I suspect. Eventually, it'll be fatal. Lack of fiber may not cause long-term health effects, but does not make for a normal gut biome for sure. Elevated cholesterol may or may not kill you, but is known to contribute to morbidity through elevated blood pressure and risk of heart attack.

I do like my meat. But only meat? Not interested, even though I might survive it for quite a while.

Edit: It looks like raw liver contains some vitamin C, so it might be possible to stave off the scurvy for at least a while. Not that I'm interested in being the guinea pig :)

It is possible to eat only deer or other ungulates and get all your veggies and vitamins, too! It turns out that ancient humans as well as more modern hunter-gatherers (such as certain North American native tribes, until recent years) would consume the partially digested stomach contents of deer, other antelopes, and bison. Sounds pretty disgusting to eat vomit, but supposedly it can be yummy.

Rethinking the Paleo Diet: Would You Eat the Contents of a Deer’s Stomach?

Afghan food can be delicious, IMO it's heavily influenced by it's surrounding countries (herbs etc) so you can truly taste the location without having to travel :eek:

Back