Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Good mole' is great. I really like it. It is kind of a central Mexico thing.
Thanks. The first time I made it it tasted foreign, but at the same time immediately comfortable. Now I just love it..

Thanks. The first time I made it it tasted foreign, but at the same time immediately comfortable. Now I just love it..

Yes, good mole' does not taste like candy. It is a nice dark chili with subtle hints of cocoa.

We made lunch with homemade pasta. No fresh basil as it froze around here. I am thinking I would like a little larger grate micro plane for parmesan cheese what do you recommend? Should I use potato peeler?
IMG_0647.jpg

Last edited:
Micro Planes come in vaious sizes, I have two AND a peeler but for pasta I use the larger Micro Plane.
Only whip the peeler out for Parmiggiano on Salads.

I usually use the coarse (not extra coarse) Microplane. Their ribbon grater works if the cheese is not too hard; it struggles with many parmesan cheeses, especially aged ones. Microplane also make a Parmesan shaver, but you might as well use a potato peeler.

It was a cooking cold day here. I am making Red Beans and Rice for dinner. I like my rice separate. Not done yet. I found some andouille sausage that was imported from louisiana at Quality Seafood when I went over there for happy hour oysters and beer.

IMG_0648.jpg

Tonkatsu, shredded cabbage with Kewpie and togarashi, homemade tonkatsu sauce and Japanese mustard.
79E1C372-D1A3-4F24-883C-424EC38F5190.jpeg
035539AC-9BBD-452D-A5ED-8E2F353D4545.jpeg

Air fried in the induction range. The key to mimicking fried tonkatsu is to brown the panko before coating the pork.
5D3B7B05-5645-4F4B-8B3B-37E12802AC0C.jpeg

A02DB264-2E27-47D9-AC92-35468C48EF7A.jpeg

Last edited:
The juiciest, most succulent tri-tip I've ever had. Just a small prime grade from Costco, cooked sous-vide at 135 for 4 hours. Really wanted to give it enough time for that fat to render. Paired simply with miso-fig balsamic glazed zucchini , the vinegar really helped cut thru the richness of the beef.

This meal was the maiden voyage of my Yoshikazu Ikeda 300mm lefty honyaki yanagiba with its new handle. And because I was feeling extra, the Munetoshi petty got used as a steak knife :)

_MG_0391 2.jpeg

That awesome! I sometimes pick them up at the Korean markets were n NYC, wish I’d thought of freezing them to have them on hand.
I'm lucky to have a really nice Korean grocer nearby, they stock 3 different brands of it already frozen, as well as having it fresh in their food court.

I'm lucky to have a really nice Korean grocer nearby, they stock 3 different brands of it already frozen, as well as having it fresh in their food court.
Lucky. Takes me 45 minutes to get to the Korean market by subway. Although, I’m close to Caribbean, Chinatown, Russian, Pakistani/Bengali, Uzbek markets.
Want Korean blood sausage now!

Back